• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Team, Seniors, Coach, Success

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

You look at our one loss football team and the players involved it's natural to feel a sense of pride for their accomplishments. Yes, it's been a long time coming but this particular crew has been a winner. These seniors are something very special and seem like quality young men. As for the coaches..Taggart put this team together but it's a **** good thing the players told him how to win with their skill sets. Of course Taggart couldn't stay one more year to see it through he left for "greener" ($$) pastures. Now we have Coach Strong. Good pedigree. He inherits a quality team(normally they get a bottom dweller). If you watch his body language one would think him bored, detached(maybe/hopefully not) but the seniors and the younger players listen, read, watch as their coaches name is tossed around the marketplace..( sure means their good coaches) it's got to be a distraction their not far removed from being kids. Wouldn't it be nice ( a diff universe) if a coach came to a college to build, win and create an environment of annual winners. Yep, college football vs integrity made a big 180 years ago as the salaries went ballistic. Loyalty is long gone. One and done the new mantra. To bad for the players,recruits the fans. 

That's all I got on this except, thanks to the USF Bull's Seniors for building something great at our university. I really think/believe if our Team plays like their talent capable we will enjoy a Conference Championship. Go Bull's!

Remember that feeling at the FSU game when we knocked off one of the perineal Champs? Great huh? This Team has provided that winning feeling over and over...it's nice ( and easier) to be a winner....

image.jpg

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

39 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Remember that feeling at the FSU game when we knocked off one of the perineal Champs?

I remember that, and yes, it felt good. But, I think you're over-selling that particular FSU squad.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'm just happy for the seniors, they're one of the big reasons this thing turned around back in the CWT days. They deserve a CC, hope they can pull it off.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117

5 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Wouldn't it be nice ( a diff universe) if a coach came to a college to build, win and create an environment of annual winners. .

Where would we get our next coach from?

Sure we know that FSU wasn't at their strongest when we played them nor was Bobby Bowden. As you know whenever we beat a ranked, notable team over the years it will be said, they weren't at their best and our wins cost a couple coaches their jobs.. There have been many great wins over the years. But that day we were expected to lose. That day a young qb (BJ)had to take over for Grothe and took us to a win. Our D played lights out. That day about 18,000+ USF fans lit up that stadium. So yeah, it was a good day...good memory. That poster was sold by the media dept afterward. I had it framed and enjoy looking at it. We were mid way up and to the right at the edge. I actually think old Leavitt was tearful looking up and listening. A good time was had by all except, my nephew who was a rabid FSU student. Towards the end of the game he stumbled dry kingly up into the USF area in his Garnett/gold and hollered above the cheering..."You @!*%~#= are killing us" everybody around us fell out laughing...yep, a good day.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Unfortunately, the loyalty goes both ways. Jim Leavitt would have retired here. Fulmer would have retired at Tenn., Richt would have retired at UGa, Miles at LSU... but, fans seem to think that more than 1 team can win a championship every year. Leavitt was in a conference for what, 6 years? The audacity of him not to have a conference championship in that time against more established programs. Maybe we had a better team than some, but, more talented teams stumble sometimes.

I believe that Saban will retire at Alabama... you know, unless he has 3 bad years and gets fired. The reality is that there is too much money involved for the big programs to be loyal, and, all of the changes that happen as a result of the constant rotation makes it nearly impossible for the little guys to keep someone.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, Orlando Bull said:

I believe that Saban will retire at Alabama... you know, unless he has 3 bad years and gets fired. 

Part of the deal Saban made with the devil in exchange for his soul was that he would never know a bad year.  

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

Saban is only 66, he'll be there 10 more years.

When our fan base grows, we'll hold onto coaches ... Strong may be the exception.

Good comments folks. How true it is, if it isn't the coach looking to move on then it's the fans/administration wanting them to move on, the old double edged sword syndrome all fueled by win/loss on a short term basis. Yep, Saban I believe has 666 in his hairline somewhere. 

Good thing we can say, We love our Bull's!