• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Statement Game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Not upset. Just feel we deserve some respect. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Just now, usfgrad84 said:

Not upset. Just feel we deserve some respect.

You earn respect and all we've heard ad nauseum on here is how awful the schedule was. Now other people show they agree and we don't want to hear it. We will have the chance to show everybody, on the field, that we're not the 3rd best in conference.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I wonder if the committee will even watch the game. It seems like almost every big game tomorrow is at 3:30. 

Have we ever had a 3:45 p.m. game?  

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

we've heard ad nauseum on here is how awful the schedule was.

Some suggest that CCS will depart prematurely because fans "don't show up", but really, I can see a coach exiting stage left prematurely because part of the reason the schedule sucks is because the conference sucks.  You can't fix that by adding 1-2 "P5" teams.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Some suggest that CCS will depart prematurely because fans "don't show up", but really, I can see a coach exiting stage left prematurely because part of the reason the schedule sucks is because the conference sucks.  You can't fix that by adding 1-2 "P5" teams.

Some people think you can. Charlie knew what he was getting into conference wise before he signed on. If he departs prematurely, there will be a plethora of reasons that will be attributed to it and I guess that could be one of them thrown out there ...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Teams are going through bad seasons in the East, but there are still 3 top 25 teams and one just outside in Navy in the conference. Look at Wisconsin. They play in the Big 10 and play a Charmin soft schedule this year. It just so happens that we had 2 good OOC opponents fall through and we missed the top 3 teams out West (combined 18-5 record). Temple, ECU, and Cincy have all recently been pretty good but are struggling this year. This isn't the normal year, but it sucks when we are set up with perhaps our best team ever to not face any tough teams to this point.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Charlie knew what he was getting into conference wise before he signed on.

I don't know.  I didn't realize it could get this bad.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732
  • Days Won:  0

There is no logical reason for a fan to be upset. Sports fans around the world get upset for irrational reasons. I can't explain why, as a fan, it ticks me off to be slighted by the sports media, but it does. 

SOS is usually a good metric to use when guessing which team is better, but I feel like this particular team is special enough that SOS should be weighed less than it normally would be. I understand that non-fans may not see it that way. 

I agree that we are fortunate that the question of who is the top dog in the AAC should be resolved on the field this year.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

SOS per Sagarin

Memphis  70

UCF   86

USF 123

It makes perfect sense that they'd think that and I can't understand why people keep getting upset about this. Great thing is it will be decided on the field, if it comes down to it.

I agree.  If you combine the eyeball test and SOS, to an outsider, it makes sense how they think C and Memphis are better.  We've had some pretty unimpressive Ws (SB, Tulane and SJSU come to mind) Like you said, it will all be settled on the field one way or the other.

Now let's beat Houston first.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

9 hours ago, Brad said:

Respectfully disagree that our conference sucks. We have three ranked teams. Our schedule sucks because of the weak out of conference games. 

• Upvote 2