• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Week 9 Games of Interest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

I think we want them to be as high as possible for the CCG.  A Tulane win won't move our SOS very much.

Doesn't matter. We won't get a playoff slot no matter what. 

I prefer an upset where Tulane makes the ccg. Memphis is a threat to us in that game should we make it there. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

31 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

Doesn't matter. We won't get a playoff slot no matter what. 

I prefer an upset where Tulane makes the ccg. Memphis is a threat to us in that game should we make it there. 

You’re probably right. But we’ll never get widespread recognition unless we consistently beat top 25 teams. If we’re afraid to play Memphis in the CCG, then we deserve to be G5

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Still....I would giggle like a little school girl if UCF someone how lost to a 1aa school...

15 minutes ago, ambienknights said:

when panic turns into wishful thinking

Nah...no panic...just a random funny as hell thought...

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

22 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

(11) Oklahoma State at (22) West Virginia

So on this one, is it possible that if WVU wins, both they and OK State are ranked above us?  Given the discussion about 1-loss teams in the P5 being ranked above the undefeated G5 teams (and 2-loss teams being ranked above 1-loss Memphis),  I'm thinking we get comfortable letting OK State stay above us and hope WVU gets their third loss and are no longer a threat.

I know it would surprise a lot of folks to see a 2-loss team ranked above us when we are undefeated, but it's happened before and this is the year where things are making it easier (SOS) for the pollsters to be able to vote their p5 bias.  Just a sample of past rankings:

In 2002, the final AP poll had a 1-loss Boise St team below a 4-loss Auburn team.

2005 1-loss TCU behind a 3-loss Georgia team.

1999 Undefeated Marshal team behind a 3-loss Tennessee team.

Thoughts?

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, Boomer said:

So on this one, is it possible that if WVU wins, both they and OK State are ranked above us?  Given the discussion about 1-loss teams in the P5 being ranked above the undefeated G5 teams (and 2-loss teams being ranked above 1-loss Memphis),  I'm thinking we get comfortable letting OK State stay above us and hope WVU gets their third loss and are no longer a threat.

I

Thoughts?

Yes. Very possible.

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

I know it would surprise a lot of folks to see a 2-loss team ranked above us when we are undefeated, but it's happened before and this is the year where things are making it easier (SOS) for the pollsters to be able to vote their p5 bias.  Just a sample of past rankings:

In 2002, the final AP poll had a 1-loss Boise St team below a 4-loss Auburn team.

2005 1-loss TCU behind a 3-loss Georgia team.

1999 Undefeated Marshal team behind a 3-loss Tennessee team.

Thoughts?

Yeah I just assume Oky wins that game. WVU will jump us for sure. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Call me crazy, but I think UConn will beat Missouri at home. That line seems a bit excessive. UConn can put up points and Missouri has held only 1 opponent under 31 points and that was a last place sun belt team. They allowed at least 40 in their 3 games prior and a 1-6 FCS team put up 43 on them.