• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF at UConn Cancelled

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

6 minutes ago, FatDaddyBull said:

Disappointing because the forecast has only improved since Monday. Why wasn't this moved to Friday early in the week?

Also I've spoken to many like myself who looked forward to this game is our last normal human moment before we had to make a final decision whether to stay or go. Knowing that the next several weeks maybe hell. 

Just seems like a failure on the Athletic Dept. And if we lose one conference game it'll likely come back and bite us. This was a gimme.

They should have just moved it up to Friday like you said. I have a feeling this might come back to bite us in the ass. 

Oh well run the table and it's all good 

Edited by Rex Havoc
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

It's not the end of the world to cancel a game.  This hurricane will be exactly the end of the world for some...it is the more important concern now and into the future.  I wish we could have played the game, but this is the right call in the larger scheme of things.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

12 minutes ago, FatDaddyBull said:

Disappointing because the forecast has only improved since Monday. Why wasn't this moved to Friday early in the week?

Also I've spoken to many like myself who looked forward to this game is our last normal human moment before we had to make a final decision whether to stay or go. Knowing that the next several weeks maybe hell. 

Just seems like a failure on the Athletic Dept. And if we lose one conference game it'll likely come back and bite us. This was a gimme.

The last forecast had the ***** shifting more to the West  ... and before we start the crucifying of the Athletic Department yet again, do we even know if Friday was an option?

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The last forecast had the ***** shifting more to the West  ... and before we start the crucifying of the Athletic Department yet again, do we even know if Friday was an option?

Why couldn't Friday be an option? Seems like they could have made it happen if they really wanted.  

If need be couldn't they push back the championship game 1?

Edited by Rex Havoc

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

1 minute ago, Rex Havoc said:

Why couldn't Friday be an option? Seems like they could have made it happen if they really wanted.  

If need be couldn't they push back the championship game 1?

I heard that USF couldn't get a charter to get there for a Friday game. I don't know if that is true. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

It is just a game when you look at. This storm is death. Can't even think of football right now. Can't imagine what is going on in the players minds right now with that storm coming our way. 

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Man that sucks...dealing with this stupid hurricane I was looking forward to the game for some entertainment that was much needed.  

I do like the idea brought up what if we play the next sat and see if Illinois and Virginia would play each other.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

5 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

I heard that USF couldn't get a charter to get there for a Friday game. I don't know if that is true. 

If they would have left when originally scheduled it would have worked. Oh well 

1 minute ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Man that sucks...dealing with this stupid hurricane I was looking forward to the game for some entertainment that was much needed.  

I do like the idea brought up what if we play the next sat and see if Illinois and Virginia would play each other.

We would lose a home game...so I don't see that happening. Worse case senerio couldn't they just push back the championship game 1 week?