• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You've got to ask yourself

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

New regime.  New offense.  To think that your new boss at the office is going to be like your old boss is ludicrous.  Gilbert won't run the gulf goast offense regardless of how much the offense struggles.  And he shouldn't.  It's not his offense.  

QF struggled all day and yet he made enough plays to win.  TD throw to scantling was behind him. Great clutch catch.  

Conditions were poor and once again no one at the game.   This will be a tough season.  Its just what it is.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, JimUSFSig said:

Coaches underplay early in the season to keep from putting things on film that our opponents could use against us.

If that's what they are doing and they are keeping games close late because of it then we are in trouble. good coaches blow out inferior opponents by running their offense to perfection. not by running something completely opposite of what they were built to run just to keep stuff off of film.

Just now, Bull94 said:

If that's what they are doing and they are keeping games close late because of it then we are in trouble. good coaches blow out inferior opponents by running their offense to perfection. not by running something completely opposite of what they were built to run just to keep stuff off of film.

Well, I am sure the coaches fully expected the OL to be unable to block... or WRs to drop passes... or the QB to throw high... or the RBs to go down at the first contact.

If the players actually executed well, there would be no need to open up the playbook.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Supersurch said:

New regime.  New offense.  To think that your new boss at the office is going to be like your old boss is ludicrous.  Gilbert won't run the gulf goast offense regardless of how much the offense struggles.  And he shouldn't.  It's not his offense.  

QF struggled all day and yet he made enough plays to win.  TD throw to scantling was behind him. Great clutch catch.  

Conditions were poor and once again no one at the game.   This will be a tough season.  Its just what it is.

we don't need to run GCO . we need to stretch the field vertically like they said they would. get the safeties off of the line of scrimmage. use our advantage on the outside and our QB who throws a good deep ball to our benefit.

6 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

Well, I am sure the coaches fully expected the OL to be unable to block... or WRs to drop passes... or the QB to throw high... or the RBs to go down at the first contact.

If the players actually executed well, there would be no need to open up the playbook.

bunk. we ran power into a d-line that returned 6 previous  game experience. two of them were all conference.

he threw high on 3 yard hitches. one drop cost us points.they did nothing to get the safeties out of the box.

if Belicheck calls read option all game and Brady doesn't "execute" is that on him or the coaches?

they think this offense is built for a methodical 12 play drive and it's not. they are driving a ferrari to pick up groceries.

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488

Just now, Bull94 said:

we don't need to run GCO . we need to stretch the field vertically like they said they would. get the safeties off of the line of scrimmage. use our advantage on the outside and our QB who throws a good deep ball to our benefit.

QF struggled.  His throws were off except the 1 to mccants.  Yes,  they should've been caught but the receivers were working in bad conditions.

This was a "let's just escape with a win game."

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

10 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

Disagree there. I'd rather our team not run new plays against tougher opponents--they need game-time experience to make it hum IMO.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, raptorcj said:

Disagree there. I'd rather our team not run new plays against tougher opponents--they need game-time experience to make it hum IMO.

exactly. these are the games where you fine tune your offense.

not where you worry about keeping things off of film

I think they want a methodical power offense that takes 12-15 plays to march down the field. we don't have that. hopefully they realize this.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

We have seen the offense. We have played two full games where we struggled against much lesser opponents. Offensive staff is not performing. This offense may be good for 6-8 wins this year. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993

5 minutes ago, Gismo said:

We have seen the offense. We have played two full games where we struggled against much lesser opponents. Offensive staff is not performing. This offense may be good for 6-8 wins this year. 

we also saw 1 quarter where they kind of opened it up.  we scored 28 pts. I'm not convinced our coaching staff is unaware of that.  

• Upvote 1