• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dreams that Died Today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Flowers has a similar skill set to Lamar Jackson.  He was succeeding when he was playing in space, moving around and given a chance to improvise when things broke down. 

Now he is being put in a position to be a magician from the pocket. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

16 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

No college player is perfect?  Flowers is allegedly a Heisman candidate and he can't complete simple passes to open receivers.  The apologies amaze me, truly.

it wasn't an apology. Flowers has never been good at the short passes. he has a strong arm. Taggart put him in a position to succeed that is why he was being considered a heisman candidate.

15 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

You mean the one where the receiver made a great play?  Flowers has a strong arm.  When he throws a pass eight yards to an open receiver and it hits the dirt in front of the receiver that's a player problem not a coaching problem.

deep ball couldn't have been thrown better. like I said every player has strengths and weaknesses. only idiot coaches call plays for that players weaknesses and not their strengths. Tom Brady can't run the ball. Belicheck would be an idiot if he called read option plays all game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

23 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

You mean the one where the receiver made a great play?  Flowers has a strong arm.  When he throws a pass eight yards to an open receiver and it hits the dirt in front of the receiver that's a player problem not a coaching problem.

I'm sure someone will point out that the receiver must have run the wrong route.  

Just now, Bourbon Bull said:

I'm sure someone will point out that the receiver must have run the wrong route.  

you're still bitter about Bench being beaten out. you never liked Flowers. Nobody says flowers is perfect. He has always been bad at those throws. Only an idiot coach calls those plays and puts his player in a position to fail.

Just now, Bull94 said:

you're still bitter about Bench being beaten out. you never liked Flowers. Nobody says flowers is perfect. He has always been bad at those throws. Only an idiot coach calls those plays and puts his player in a position to fail.

Way in the past.  Q won me over last year.  But he looked really bad at times yesterday.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

As I said in my reply to Trip, physical errors concern me far less than coaching errors. If I was watching the Rays tonight and Evan Longoria booted a ball at third to cost the game, yeah, it sucks, but it happens. And I've seen him make plenty of great plays at third and I know he will again. However, if I turned the game on and he was pitching...that would be a red flag.

Just now, Bourbon Bull said:

Way in the past.  Q won me over last year.  But he looked really bad at times yesterday.

he always looks bad on those throws.

that would be like saying Tom Brady looks bad when they call read option plays for him all game.

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

As I said in my reply to Trip, physical errors concern me far less than coaching errors. If I was watching the Rays tonight and Evan Longoria booted a ball at third to cost the game, yeah, it sucks, but it happens. And I've seen him make plenty of great plays at third and I know he will again. However, if I turned the game on and he was pitching...that would be a red flag.

good analogy

Just now, Bull94 said:

he always looks bad on those throws.

that would be like saying Tom Brady looks bad when they call read option plays for him all game.

But didn't we read about his improvement in mechanics etc. this off season.  Thought we'd see some improvement.