• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Team entrance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Does that mean both teams are coming out of the same tunnel? 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Anyone know if the team buses are still going to drop off the players in lot 6 to march into the stadium?  Not sure if that was going to continue or if that was just a Taggart thing.

Doesn't sound like they'll be dropped off in the same spot anymore. Not Sure where exactly they mean, but it sounds like it'll be near the Tampa Bay Blvd/Himes intersection

"After USF continues the tradition of greeting fans in the parking lot during the Bulls Stampede to the stadium on Saturday, which is moving its start to the east side of the stadium near the corner of Tampa Bay Boulevard,"

1 minute ago, SANJAY said:

Does that mean both teams are coming out of the same tunnel? 

No, away team is still coming out of the same Northwest tunnel near the student section. USF is coming out of the southeast tunnel now.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, ___ Eats It said:

SIXTEEN years I've been in 119, and it's not because of the great view of the game - NOBODY bothered to tell any of us in that section that this was changing this year. 

I'm irritated. A lot.

Maybe they'll still exit the field and come back out for the second half using the "traditional" tunnel by you.

Still not as exciting as the initial field rush, but you should still be in a good spot for towels, gloves, hand slaps, and autographs after the game.  Just trying to squeeze a little lemonade for you.

Edited by Boomer

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

4 minutes ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

No, away team is still coming out of the same Northwest tunnel near the student section. USF is coming out of the southeast tunnel now.

So I linked the stadium map above. They are coming out through the tunnel next to the visiting fans? Makes no sense to me.

3 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

So I linked the stadium map above. They are coming out through the tunnel next to the visiting fans? Makes no sense to me.

If that article on gousfbulls.com is correct, than yes. Makes zero sense to me as well.

"Instead of running out the tunnel through Gate D like in the past, the Bulls will now make a longer walk to Gate C while fans get to watch their whole pregame journey to the field on Ray Jay's massive video boards"

http://www.gousfbulls.com/news/2017/8/31/football-new-usf-looks-new-traditions-at-ray-jay.aspx

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

Doesn't sound like they'll be dropped off in the same spot anymore. Not Sure where exactly they mean, but it sounds like it'll be near the Tampa Bay Blvd/Himes intersection

"After USF continues the tradition of greeting fans in the parking lot during the Bulls Stampede to the stadium on Saturday, which is moving its start to the east side of the stadium near the corner of Tampa Bay Boulevard,"

Well that's no good.  Starting in between lot 6 and 6D and walking up between the Bull Zone and lot 7 was perfect way for fans to walk up without having to abandon their tailgate all together.   Maybe Strong that was too far to walk?  So much for that "tradition".

2 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

I'm still not convinced there was a typo.  Seems like it would make more sense to come out of the Gate A tunnel (to greet the students) and make the visiting team go out Gate B or C to accommodate that.  But I have no idea of the layout under the stadium to know where the visiting team locker room is and if there would be any teams bumping into each other down there.

Just now, KB said:

Well that's no good.  Starting in between lot 6 and 6D and walking up between the Bull Zone and lot 7 was perfect way for fans to walk up without having to abandon their tailgate all together.   Maybe Strong that was too far to walk?  So much for that "tradition".

Did you ever attend one of these?  I'm asking because we've always pulled into the parking lot just as those were scheduled so never been to it myself.  Some clips I've seen, it appeared that it wasn't exactly a hallway of exciting fans they were walking through.  Quite sparse in fact.  Maybe Taggart suggested the change to Strong?

It's a shame, but just another thing that only works when you have a ton more attendance.  More people attending means more people tailgating early and more people on hand to show their appreciation to the players.