• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF ready for San Jose State

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

USF ready for San Jose State

Strong era begins Saturday on the west coast

By John Black, Correspondent
On August 23, 2017

USF coach Charlie Strong won’t be the only coach making his program debut when USF plays at San Jose State Saturday at 7 p.m., but he will be the one with the more proven team. 

While the Bulls went 11-2 in 2016, San Jose State recorded just four wins en route to their fourth straight losing season and the firing of their former head coach Ron Caragher.

Despite last season’s success, the Bulls recognize they haven’t proven anything in 2017.

“Right now, it’s good everybody has recognized all the hard work we put in over the summer and over last year,” RB D’Ernest Johnson said at Tuesday’s press conference. “But it’s a new year and we’ve got to keep it moving.”

Despite many unknowns concerning the new staffs of both teams, the Bull’s have a significant advantage with QB Quinton Flowers, a potential Heisman candidate.

Meanwhile, Spartans first-year coach Brett Brennan has yet to name a starting quarterback for the opener. There’s currently a three-man battle for the job, and sophomore Josh Love is the only Spartan QB that has played in a Division I game. 

Rest of story

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,638
  • Days Won:  3

I really do think Strong has this team more prepared to handle all pre-season hype and focus on the game plan than Taggart would have.  Maybe it was the Bus video, but I think Taggart embraced the spotlight more and allowed the team to as well.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

Too difficult to stay focused at work. I'm hoping this first game eases my concerns. Can't wait to see the product and Strong's approach. Go Bulls!!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Am I the only one that thinks that plane looks pretty old? At least they get the center seat open, but sorry no in-flight movie. Hope they at least get some peanuts...:lol:

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Just now, raptorcj said:

Am I the only one that thinks that plane looks pretty old? At least they get the center seat open, but sorry no in-flight movie. Hope they at least get some peanuts...:lol:

You wouldn't believe the amount of food these guys get as they walk onto the plane.  I think they'll survive.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:
6 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

You wouldn't believe the amount of food these guys get as they walk onto the plane.  I think they'll survive.

Lol I'm sure you're right.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

4 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

With the two over-wing exit rows, it could be a 737, 757 or A320.  The 757 hasn't been in production since 2004, while the other two are still being manufactured and have bee for quite a while. 

The only non-stop to SJC is a charter, so this is probably the plane flight they're on:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/NCR324/history/20170824/1600Z/KTPA/KSJC

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

22 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

With the two over-wing exit rows, it could be a 737, 757 or A320.  The 757 hasn't been in production since 2004, while the other two are still being manufactured and have bee for quite a while. 

The only non-stop to SJC is a charter, so this is probably the plane flight they're on:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/NCR324/history/20170824/1600Z/KTPA/KSJC

Something very wrong with that flight. Left on-time and 12 minutes later it's 25 minutes late for arrival?

They flying backwards???