• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who's going to play in the NFL next year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

my $0.02...

Flowers will go in rounds 1-3.

BJD had a 24:20 TD/INT ratio is sophomore and jr years. QF is sitting at 46:15 in those same 2 seasons. QF has 30 rushing TDs vs 11 for BJD in that time. For comparison, Tebow regressed a bit his senior year, but, in those 2 seasons, he was 62:10 TD/INT and 35 rushing TDs.

Pat White - 3rd round, not an NFL body, too skinny. QFs stats are better

Jacoby Brissett went in the 3rd

Colt McCoy was a 3rd with a similar body to QF

Again, not ragging on BJD, but, I feel like that comparison for QF is a huge discredit to what he has done. His numbers are closer to Tebow/McCoy than to BJD.

If Flowers improves on what he did last year, combined with his undeniable leadership ability, I think he gets some serious consideration as a guy people want on their team, they'll find a way to use him.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

During the bowl game had my SO's dad, who is a huge FSU and Pats fan but warmed up to USF over the year, say he would love Bellichik to draft Q in the second; and would consider it a steal. I think guys like QF, Lamar, are weapons that can be tapped into if an offensive coach got creative. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Ionbull said:

During the bowl game had my SO's dad, who is a huge FSU and Pats fan but warmed up to USF over the year, say he would love Bellichik to draft Q in the second; and would consider it a steal. I think guys like QF, Lamar, are weapons that can be tapped into if an offensive coach got creative. 

Q is the type of player Bellichik likes, fast and could play multiple positions and be a main player in gadget plays. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Q is the type of player Bellichik likes, fast and could play multiple positions and be a main player in gadget plays. 

And buys in. Just hope somebody sees the intangibles and figures it out.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Kiper: Deatrick Nichols, CB, South Florida

Nichols pops off the tape when I watch the Bulls, and he had a tremendous game against Temple -- two interceptions and a forced fumble. He now has 10 career picks. At 5-10, 190, Nichols is physical, and he's a good tackler. His experience is a plus, too -- Nichols has played in 35 games already. He's a solid midround corner prospect for next year's draft.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20808268/mel-kiper-todd-mcshay-name-their-favorite-college-football-players-watch

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

You guys are forgetting Abraham. He is a baller 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Nichols is a lock to be drafted. 

Senat almost certainly will be. And Flowers likely will be at some position. 

Hector, Johnson will end up somewhere. Abraham will at least get a camp invite, as I'd bet Auggie will - though I'd give Devin better odds.

MVS should get into camp but his drops may kill him if he doesn't turn it around fast.

And Ruff is most likely out of the OL seniors to get a shot.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802

I stand by what I said earlier, including MVS needing a good season to be drafted. He's not doing what he needs to, though.

As far as Nichols, Kiper is just late to my prediction.

CB Mazzi Wilkins has been drawing attention. He could surprise.

PFF Draft Watch: Draft Board Risers - Week 1 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focusl

CB MAZZI WILKINS, USF
USF CB Mazzi Wilkins has seen backup snaps at USF for the past two seasons but has been outstanding in coverage in his first two career starts this season. Through two games, Wilkins has been thrown at 14 times and has only allowed two receptions and has collected two interceptions. Wilkins’ one-for-you-one-for-me production levels can’t continue but he’s also broken up two passes as well and the passer rating when throwing into his coverage area is 0.0.

1 hour ago, The Great 8 said:

I stand by what I said earlier, including MVS needing a good season to be drafted. He's not doing what he needs to, though.

As far as Nichols, Kiper is just late to my prediction.

clock.jpgLast Updated - Jun 7, 2017 11:41

It's never too early (or too late) to talk about the NFL Draft, so as we enter June -- why not talk about 2018?

Rankings used were as of May 28.

In this instance, we're focusing on the talent-rich AAC. 

HIGHEST AAC PROSPECTS

DEATRICK NICHOLS, CB - SOUTH FLORIDA

south-florida-logoEARLY 2018 PROJECTION: 2nd round (rated No. 7 CB by NFLDraftScout.com)
CAREER STATS: 118 tackles, 8 INTs, 11 TFLs

See the rest at: 

https://herosports.com/nfl-draft/aac-american-top-2018-draft-prospects-deatrick-nichols-nfl-draft-ajaj