• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Mens Basketball Non-cons

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

USF will also host a total of nine home games, including a test against 20-win Arkansas State.

USF will open the home schedule with a pair of games against FAU (Nov. 10) and Morgan State (Nov. 13). The Bulls' first road contest will be at Stetson (Nov. 15).

The Hoosier Tip-Off Classic begins on Nov. 19, when the Bulls visit the Hoosiers at Assembly Hall. USF then returns home to play Howard (Nov. 22), Arkansas State (Nov. 24) and Eastern Michigan (Nov. 26) in the final games of the Hoosier Tip-Off Classic.

The Bulls will battle Elon (Nov. 30) and Appalachian State (Dec. 2) on the road. USF completes the non-conference slate with four home games – FIU (Dec. 11), Bethune-Cookman (Dec. 14), Northern Arizona (Dec. 18) and Charlotte (Dec. 21).

Click here to reserve your season tickets today.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

This isn't a knock on the new staff, but, this year will represent the least appealing home schedule in my 24 years around USF. No UConn, which is the best draw in our league. Not one non-conference home game against a team anyone will care about. What also concerns me, no road games where we take our lumps to set up home games for next year that fans will care about. (IU isn't coming to the Sun Dome)

I know this year is a complete rebuild, but it would have been nice to give fans some P5 type schools. 

My one highlight is Charlotte (I still want to call them UNCC) ... because Mark Price is their head coach, so I hope I can get an autograph or 2. 

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

This isn't a knock on the new staff, but, this year will represent the least appealing home schedule in my 24 years around USF. No UConn, which is the best draw in our league. Not one non-conference home game against a team anyone will care about. What also concerns me, no road games where we take our lumps to set up home games for next year that fans will care about. (IU isn't coming to the Sun Dome)

I know this year is a complete rebuild, but it would have been nice to give fans some P5 type schools. 

My one highlight is Charlotte (I still want to call them UNCC) ... because Mark Price is their head coach, so I hope I can get an autograph or 2. 

Most hoops non cons are mostly blah to begin with but I agree this could be the worst in a long long time. I'm so intrigued, though, to see how this total refit's going to look, the opponents are a minor detail at this point.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

You know we have hit rock bottom when we are playing road games against Stetson, Elon and App St. In the same season.  This non conference schedule is pure garbage, even Indiana is gonna suck this year most likely.  We better win most of them even with a whole new team.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

GRRRRRR. I renew the season tickets reluctantly hoping for a couple more Friday to Sunday games as I just can't make it to Monday to Thursday games. Only one of these home games is on a weekend and that's the Friday of the UCF football game so my entire November-December OOC Bball games are out.  ****.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

13 hours ago, jg233 said:

You know we have hit rock bottom when we are playing road games against Stetson, Elon and App St. In the same season.  This non conference schedule is pure garbage, even Indiana is gonna suck this year most likely.  We better win most of them even with a whole new team.

You know you've hit rock bottom when you're down to 4 scholarship players and 2 walk-ons. There was absolutely no reason for any even slightly aggressive non con scheduling going into this season. Need to use the non cons to get this thrown together team ready enough to see if we can somehow get at least 5 conference wins for the first time since the NCAAT year.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061

This is a baaaaad non conference slate. Who are these teams?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, DELdaBull said:

This is a baaaaad non conference slate. Who are these teams?

Apparently, we're too good to get quality opponents on our football schedule and too bad to get them on our basketball schedule.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

You know you've hit rock bottom when you're down to 4 scholarship players and 2 walk-ons. There was absolutely no reason for any even slightly aggressive non con scheduling going into this season. Need to use the non cons to get this thrown together team ready enough to see if we can somehow get at least 5 conference wins for the first time since the NCAAT year.

I don't think you need to be aggressive, but at the very least, take 2-3 road trips to Power 5 bottom feeders to set up future home games. This schedule in bad by itself, but it doesn't seem to offer us any future home games of note either. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Unrelated to the conversation at hand, Northern Arizona (NAU) visits the Bulls in Tampa on 12/18.  NAU features one of the players that I coached.  He'll be a sophomore.  I likely won't make the game, but hope to catch it on TV out here.