• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brumbaugh to Okla St or Florida?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  21
  • Days Won:  0

ESPN's Andy Katz is reporting that if Keith drops out of draft, he will go to Cowboys or Gators. Also said gayturds have no schollies left but could IF Walsh/Roberson get drafted. RMC, PLEASE camp out in Deland for next 2 weeks.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

from st pete times

McCullum also said he has done recruiting, meaning the Bulls do not expect to land DeLand's Keith Brumbaugh, who has applied for the NBA draft but listed USF among a handful of schools he would consider if he withdraws from the draft.

Guest BasketBull.

There's nothing new. (And Katz is nothing but hot air --he said Cotton was coming to USF....)

1) Brumbaugh listed USF first after "NBA"--go back and read his statement to the press under the other thread.

2) We have one scholarship available. Why would the staff be holding it if it's not for Brumbaugh?

3) The kid is still in Houston doing his NBA thing until another 2 weeks.

Wake me up when there's something new to report!  [smiley=snore.gif]

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Yeah,

I will be that McCullum wouldn't turn down Keith if he wanted to come.  I am also willing to bet his assistant coaches will continually calling Keith.  At this point it's a long-shot, and obviously McCullum can't say Keith's name to the media so when pressed, since the signing period concluded he really had no other choice but to say that recruiting was over for this year, and we're concentrating on next year.  I sure they are but with one eye trained on DeLand.

Since the signing period is over McCullum's staff must adhere to the recruiting and visit rules.  If they've already had in-homes with Keith then they cannot have another.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Brumbaugh is a fruit cake, OK State can have him

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Brumbaugh is a fruit cake, OK State can have him

Glad you are not on our recruiting staff. This kid is weighing his options on a HUGE decision. I for one will not turn away a kid with a future in the NBA if he wants to wear the green & gold.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

huge decision.....which college he will attend

he has NO chance to be drafted this yr

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I for one will not turn away a kid with a future in the NBA if he wants to wear the green & gold.

Neither would I.

Keith Brumbaugh, however, I'm not so sure about.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Brumbaugh gets pre-draft invite

By BRIAN MCLAUGHLIN

Staff Writer

Last update: June 07, 2005

DAYTONA BEACH -- A lot can happen in four days, just ask Keith Brumbaugh.

The former DeLand High basketball player confirmed Monday that he was picked for the four-day NBA Pre-Draft Camp in Chicago, which starts today. It is an invitation-only camp, mostly for players not expected to be picked in the first round.

"Yeah, I got my invitation," Brumbaugh said, before hustling off to his workout Monday afternoon.

In the past, the majority of players in the Chicago camp -- considered the most important pre-draft workout -- go in the second round, don't get drafted or withdraw from the draft to maintain their amateur status. Occasionally, one will get taken in the first round. All 30 NBA teams have representatives at the camp.

At the 2004 pre-draft camp, the invitees were split into six teams of about 11 to 12 players. In the past, some invitees have complained about lack of chances to handle the ball, thanks to each player trying to impress individually.

Brumbaugh declared for the NBA Draft on May 12, and then said at a May 20 news conference at DeLand High that if he doesn't like what he's hearing from scouts following his workouts, he'll withdraw from the draft by the June 21 deadline -- allowing him to still sign with a college. The draft is June 28.

He said at the press conference that South Florida, Oklahoma State, Southern Cal and Florida were the colleges he would pick from if he withdraws from the draft. Many players now "test the waters" of the draft -- getting a chance to go through workouts in front of scouts and gaining valuable experience -- before heading back to school to improve their status there.

Brumbaugh said at the most recent news conference that he has been told by some NBA people that he could still be a first-round draft pick but would not reveal the teams interested.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/Sports/Headlines/03SportsNBA060705.htm

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Yet another high-profile athlete who lists USF along with his "real" list of schools. How many times will it take, Bulls fans, before we finally realize that kids like this are not really coming here? When push comes to shove, the kid will always pick the schools like OSU and UF. It's just not in the cards for USF, at least not for several years.