• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF in the Playoff?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Am I the first one to stumble across this or did it pop up in another thread?

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/04/13/usf-bulls-playoff-undefeated

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Just more P5 crap being thrown out there. Do I think USF would be considered? Not a chance in the world. Hell I doubt they'd have let Houston in last year even with their schedule. The P5 just do not want to lose any money and definitely not their strangle hold on the Playoffs. Just my two cents.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Not only no but hell no.

I don't think they have any chance, but I'm not angry about us making some noise on SI.

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I don't think they have any chance, but I'm not angry about us making some noise on SI.

Sorry but, that video had nothing to do with USF making noise. It was all about how inadequate out schedule is and nothing more. Make no mistake, if Bama had our schedule; they'd be chiming in on how hard their conference schedule is. It's just more of the same in my book. If you're not in the club, your nobody.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Sorry but, that video had nothing to do with USF making noise. It was all about how inadequate out schedule is and nothing more. Make no mistake, if Bama had our schedule; they'd be chiming in on how hard their conference schedule is. It's just more of the same in my book. If you're not in the club, your nobody.

So the fact that there's a discussion about USF going undefeated as a headline on SI, that doesn't count as positive noise?

17 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So the fact that there's a discussion about USF going undefeated as a headline on SI, that doesn't count as positive noise?

A fan asked a question about if USF goes undefeated, could they get into the P5 Playoffs. The host almost laughed at our schedule and you want to call that making noise? He stated that the only P5 team on our schedule was projected to be bottom 4 within their 14 team conference. He failed to give any merit to any of the teams on our schedule from our conference. This even though each year those members beat other P5 teams. So yeah, I'd say this wasn't so much as making noise as it was an "Oh shush" towards any notion of USF making the playoffs.

I could be wrong but, I doubt it.

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

A fan asked a question about if USF goes undefeated, could they get into the P5 Playoffs. The host almost laughed at our schedule and you want to call that making noise? He stated that the only P5 team on our schedule was projected to be bottom 4 within their 14 team conference. He failed to give any merit to any of the teams on our schedule from our conference. This even though each year those members beat other P5 teams. So yeah, I'd say this wasn't so much as making noise as it was an "Oh shush" towards any notion of USF making the playoffs.

I could be wrong but, I doubt it.

Other than Houston what teams deserve merit from our conference? Our AD blew it, plain and simple. We needed at least one decent P5 school on our schedule and it was not done. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

13-0 is prereq #1 for making it.

After that the question comes down to, how many multi loss teams could the committee justify putting in over a 13-0 team with a likely Heisman contender and a yuge name coach?

WMU finished 15th in the final rankings last year, but really had no hype machine behind it. USF has a game with Houston which will be a highlight opportunity, UCF on the road, and if USF wins the division (assuming 13-0) another game vs. Memphis/Navy/Houston again. Plus factors mentioned above.

Considering we are still 2 days away from the Spring Game, I am going to hold on to my delusion that 13-0 + no major team with a record better than say 10-3 gets USF in.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Other than Houston what teams deserve merit from our conference? Our AD blew it, plain and simple. We needed at least one decent P5 school on our schedule and it was not done. 

Why do we need a P5 school? Houston last year beat Oklahoma and UofL. Navy beat ND. ECu beat NCSt. The year before our conference beat more and so on. We have a great record vs the SEC, ACC, B1G and Big XII (Not so much vs the PAC as we seldom play them). What more do we need to show. We can beat their arses and that's why many of them do not play our schools at least not away.

I'm tired of explaining the P5 was made to make certain media groups and conferences a ton of cash. It's that simple. Even with that cash advantage, many of them would get **** stomped by most teams in our conference. :angrymob:

Edited by Azmodi