• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCONN 111 win streak is over

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Really!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-geno-auriemma-was-smiling-after-the-buzzer-beater-that-ended-uconns-111-game-win-streak-054315322.html

BTW,  I believe CJF and Vic Schaefer would both disagree with your opinion of CGA.

Fortunately for me, I don't need validation for my feelings.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

UConn losing is a good thing for WBB.
Anyone who watched the game last night and is not a WBB fan does not know/understand the game.

CJF and CGA are friends.  

Interesting that some USF fans have an issue with UConn leaving their starters in and running up the score when the game was no longer in doubt vs. USF (WBB), but were ok with CWT going for another score vs. ECU this past football season under the same circumstances.

USF should have stopped UConn just as ECU stopped USF.

Go Bulls!

I'm not in that group.  I was at the ECU game, and I thought Taggart was complete bush league throwing for a TD with seconds left. Not just rubbing it in, but leaving most starters in & risking injuries, is stupid.

That's my view on UConn, too.  In WBB, the talent gap is HUGE between the best and even the good.  Like 50-70 points, at times.  I'm all for the "it's your job to stop us" view, but why risk injury to your first team, up 50+...AND not reward your bench players by the letting THEM come in & try to score.  I'm sure UConn would benefit from younger players getting more competitive minutes, as well as giving the starters a rest for the big run.

My theory is that UConn lost that game and ended their 111 game streak SOLELY because they failed to recognize the clear logic & undeniable impact I've noted above.  And this, BA, begins the decline of UConn WBB, just as Ronda Rousey experienced by not looking at the big picture.

*that's heavy sarc in the last paragraph to see if NAS's head would explode*

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Good trade-off

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

You and I are in agreement on both the run it up (oops, I mean "style points") and the decline of UConn WBB Jup.  By decline I mean they will not put together another 100+ game winning streak.  Next season they will be the odds on favorite to win the NC.  However, the secret is out on how to beat them.  Slow the game down, reduce their possessions and bang them around a lot. 

I hope we finally get to meet in person next football season Jup.  I appreciate your perspectives on all things USF. Perhaps in New Orleans for Tulane?

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

You and I are in agreement on both the run it up (oops, I mean "style points") and the decline of UConn WBB Jup.  By decline I mean they will not put together another 100+ game winning streak.  Next season they will be the odds on favorite to win the NC.  However, the secret is out on how to beat them.  Slow the game down, reduce their possessions and bang them around a lot. 

I hope we finally get to meet in person next football season Jup.  I appreciate your perspectives on all things USF. Perhaps in New Orleans for Tulane?

Go Bulls!

Would love to get you both out here for SJSU!!

7 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Go Bulls!

Sounds good, BA.  I'm leaning toward Tulane, as my wife has never been to NOLA, and it'd be a fun long weekend.  As we get closer, I'll reach out. I've only been to NOLA once, in the late '90s, and I understand it's recovered & then some from Katrina.

3 hours ago, charsibb said:

Would love to get you both out here for SJSU!!

I'd love to go to that one, but not sure I can swing it, as that's the end of my daughter's lease in Boston, and I may need to help her move.  She graduates in May (YES!), but not sure what's next for her.

But I've been to San Jose, and it's beautiful.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, JupiterBull said:

I'd love to go to that one, but not sure I can swing it, as that's the end of my daughter's lease in Boston, and I may need to help her move.  She graduates in May (YES!), but not sure what's next for her.

But I've been to San Jose, and it's beautiful.

I've never been

Any recos on tailgating / meetup spots for TBP getogether?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

I've never been

Any recos on tailgating / meetup spots for TBP getogether?

Did you just volunteer for putting together something for Friday night?  

21 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Did you just volunteer for putting together something for Friday night?  

I 2nd the nomination!