• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the smith hire says

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

huh? 6years? were talking about the condition of going to the colts. Dungy was a disaster at running offense in Tampa and because of that and the great offense already in indy he was hired with the supposed condition that he is not allowed to mess with the offense.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

huh? 6years? were talking about the condition of going to the colts. Dungy was a disaster at running offense in Tampa and because of that and the great offense already in indy he was hired with the supposed condition that he is not allowed to mess with the offense.

Sorry. I was talking about the O.C. hires and the hands-on way Dungy ran the offense in Tampa. My bad.

I just hope CJL is not making the same mistake.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

It says either leavitt is not in control, or he is not putting serious effort into this offense, or this team.  That, or he wants full command of the offense.

Sad as it may be, i hope its option #3.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the demise of the bulls will continue

it will get ugly

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Glad you won't be there to see it.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

I'm not a big fan of the spread but it can work in the right situations.

And that "situation" you speak of would be High School football.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

Two things--

1) Dungy

Dungy had no reason to change anything in Indy when it came to the offense. Why fix something that clearly was not broken? He has yet to be able to create a competent defense because the focus on the offense has created an imbalance. As for his offenses while Bucs HC--- there was one year where the Bucs set all kinds of offensive records-- a banner year with the exception of actual scoring offense (passing yards especially) under Les Steckel. Why Steckel was fired after that year made no sense whatsoever to me-- but that may have been the one time Dungy put his foot down in terms of power struggles-- and it made things worse.

2) Unknowns

We DON'T know if Smith is good in the booth

We DON'T know if Smith was totally to blame for Banks/Julmiste et al not "progressing". The QB coach is just ONE variable in that equation that is more heavily weighted on the talent and personality of the QB.

We DON'T know that this was done to help CJL put more control on the offense-- specifically-- why would this be wrong anyway? Ultimately, it is CJL who is directing this effort. He is the HEAD coach-- not the defensive coordinator (which he has two of by the way).

I would hope people would stop jumping to conclusions about what is going to happen. It's not even June yet -- the kids are out there BUSTING THE COLLECTIVE ASSES in the weight room trying to be the best team they can be. Get behind that effort and quit worrying about how CJL is handling his coaching staff. Otherwise, I see you as a cancer to this team -- someone who wants to micro-manage every GD detail to the point that you actually think you know more than CJL. You don't. Deal with that. Have an opinion-- but remember that your negative quips do nothing to help out our school. Isn't it bad enough that we have 8 skrillion people from other schools talking about how terrible or insignificant USF is already? Christ-- has some pride, maybe a little faith, and do your part-- be there for this team. That is not too much to ask. If you said some of the things you are saying directly to the coaches, they would kick you off the fan base or make you run the stadium stairs until you got your role back in focus.

And before some whiney ***** complains that I'm telling them they have every right to expect this or to be able to say that, reread this post and understand that as a fan, you too have a job. Good fans don't abandon the team -- ever.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  242

Hey Bull 94;

I agree with all your points on your post.  

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I would hope people would stop jumping to conclusions about what is going to happen. It's not even June yet -- the kids are out there BUSTING THE COLLECTIVE ASSES in the weight room trying to be the best team they can be. Get behind that effort and quit worrying about how CJL is handling his coaching staff. Otherwise, I see you as a cancer to this team -- someone who wants to micro-manage every GD detail to the point that you actually think you know more than CJL. You don't. Deal with that. Have an opinion-- but remember that your negative quips do nothing to help out our school. Isn't it bad enough that we have 8 skrillion people from other schools talking about how terrible or insignificant USF is already? Christ-- has some pride, maybe a little faith, and do your part-- be there for this team. That is not too much to ask. If you said some of the things you are saying directly to the coaches, they would kick you off the fan base or make you run the stadium stairs until you got your role back in focus.

And before some whiney ***** complains that I'm telling them they have every right to expect this or to be able to say that, reread this post and understand that as a fan, you too have a job. Good fans don't abandon the team -- ever.

BINGO!  This is the best post on this topic I've seen since the hire was announced, and is a mirror image of exactly how I feel about the garbage that is running out of everyone's posts.  Thanks, Mike, I couldn't have said it better myself.