• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF one of the 20 most dangerous teams

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

public perception? acorditing to ticket sales and ratings, nobody in the public saw anyting to perceive. Money in the bank

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

public perception? acorditing to ticket sales and ratings, nobody in the public saw anyting to perceive. Money in the bank

beat me to it...

only people that saw the game (outside the USF fanbase) were:

a) in the seats

B) UCF fans

c) confused tv viewers looking for college gameday

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

beat me to it...

only people that saw the game were:

a) in the seats

B) UCF fans

c) confused tv viewers looking for college gameday

unfortunately i saw both of them  :-[

Guest BasketBull.

Shouldn't we be #1 (the most dangerous)?

---Last I looked, I think we led the nation in fouls?  ;D

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

But gentlemen and fine ladies alike, the one most important mention in that article hurt like a knife in the gut. "...with South Florida's small fan base..." To me this is an attrocity to which I blame our marketing dept.  In order to get more fans out there, something drastically needs to be done. The Sophomorish attempts by the marketing dept. leave a trickle of the blood, sweat, and tears our athletes have shed. If a more constituted effort does not present itself soon, our efforts are in vain. It is time for the marketing dept. to stand up and present itself and the University. Not sit by and watch what happens. We need to become proactive not post active. We have a possible Heisman candidate in our midst, but without the marketing dept. and the push by our media, he doesn't stand a chance. Come on Tom Veit and get things going. It's either put up or go "pursue other business interest" like another person we know!      

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

For a minute there, I thought I might have written the above statements.  Well said.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

OK...when you speak of a small fan base, the caveat of the age of the program is critical to that.

We have thousands upon thousands of alumni within driving range, but a season ticket base of under 20K. I don't believe marketing is totally to blame.

IF YOU ARE AN ALUMNI IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU NOT TO KNOW THAT USF HAS A 1A FOOTBALL TEAM. The mailings to everyone who has attended USF go out on a regular basis, its in the Trib, and the games are televised. Your decision not to attend - let alone buy season tickets - must be based on something else.

The point is, you can't sell something, no one wants to buy. You have had generations of USF Alumni who grew up M/F/S fans. It is completely unrealistic to expect that to be undone with the wave of a hand.  

As an example, we've never had the same crowd at a game as we did against Kentucky Weslyn on opening night. Why? Because it's taken this long to START PLAYING TEAMS PEOPLE HAVE ACTUALLY HEARD OF.

The programs not a decade old. And winning cures most of your ills, anyway.  Could the marketing dept do more? Sure. But the reason for the small fan base is not solely the fault of the marketing department. That fault rests, in large part, with the alumni population who have yet to embrace the program.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Well said, Wooly.