• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mandel: Charlie Strong got a Second Chance and Doesnt Intend to Waste It

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

usf is lucky to have landed strong

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

11 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

Prediction...10 months from now TBP will be calling for CCS's firing.

Better yet, I predict TBP will overreact to the spring game in two months and want Gilbert fired. I always have to remind myself that the Spring Game is a scrimmage. And scrimmages sometimes have odd gimmicks with various personnel. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

6 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Better yet, I predict TBP will overreact to the spring game in two months and want Gilbert fired. I always have to remind myself that the Spring Game is a scrimmage. And scrimmages sometimes have odd gimmicks with various personnel. 

Is it confirmed we're even having a Spring Game? Rumour is that it's been cancelled

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

10 months from now would put us 9 games into the season. If we are, say, 6-3 at that point, I wouldn't doubt that at least a couple people would react by calling for CCS to be fired, especially considering many in here have NY6 expectations. I'd be willing to give him 2-3 years to recruit some talent, especially on defense, and see how it goes.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

21 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

You're probably giving this place too much credit. 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

On 1/20/2017 at 11:25 PM, Ned A Starr said:

I am not sure why this is getting down-voted.  The expectations are for the team to go undefeated next year.  It could happen but even with a weak schedule like ours you need a little luck.  If we  drop a game there will be calls for his job - does anyone not envision that?  There are already people who don't like this hire.

I am more interested in the long game.  I want to be the next Boise and I think we are on our way.  That requires multiple 10+ seasons and the league championships would be nice.  That will help build the fan base and make us a no brainer for the P5.  We would have good academics, a solid following, great and growing TV market, good facilties and dominate on the field.

This is how you kick down the door instead of being invited for "potential".

Sometimes I think we were a victim of our own success with the BE invite. We were a good team but lacking the depth to compete every week in what was a solid BCS league (in spite of what the talking heads said about it).  

UCF will be our biggest challenge but there is plenty of talent in the state for us both to be really good.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, MMW said:

I am not sure why this is getting down-voted.  The expectations are for the team to go undefeated next year.  It could happen but even with a weak schedule like ours you need a little luck.  If we  drop a game there will be calls for his job - does anyone not envision that?  There are already people who don't like this hire.

I am more interested in the long game.  I want to be the next Boise and I think we are on our way.  That requires multiple 10+ seasons and the league championships would be nice.  That will help build the fan base and make us a no brainer for the P5.  We would have good academics, a solid following, great and growing TV market, good facilties and dominate on the field.

This is how you kick down the door instead of being invited for "potential".

Sometimes I think we were a victim of our own success with the BE invite. We were a good team but lacking the depth to compete every week in what was a solid BCS league (in spite of what the talking heads said about it).  

UCF will be our biggest challenge but there is plenty of talent in the state for us both to be really good.

Who doesn't like this hire?

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,289
  • Days Won:  10

Why, because you say so?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

On 1/22/2017 at 8:26 AM, MMW said:

I am not sure why this is getting down-voted.

Probably getting down voted because the poster ridiculously used "TBP" instead of the more accurate "a few of the usual suspects on TBP" ...

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Who doesn't like this hire?

I am not sure I wish to call them out but some have stated outright that they do not like this hire.  People are entitled to their opinions and stated their well thought out reasons. 

You will never get 100% of the people on this board to agree on anything, even if I asked if water was wet.