• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Heisman Campaign or 2018 QB?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

I dont this theres any way QF wins the Heisman with our cupcake schedule though he might get an 2nd team All-American nod or something.

Play Kean if its a blowout.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

7 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Curious to see if Gilbert favors Kean or Oladokun as QB2. Heard Chris O killed it on the scout team and in practice. You might see both sharing time in garbage time, if the games go as expected. 

Kinda wondering the same about Oladokun. He's usually there calling in the plays from the sideline too. I think he's going to make Kean work to be #2, and I do hope whoever IS #2 gets plenty of playing time...so I guess I'm hoping first of all for a good D again.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

Flowers would probably need to have 5000-6000 total yards (4000 yards passing, 1000-2000 rushing) plus 50-60 total TDs to have a chance at being a Heisman finalist. Essentially, video game numbers. The schedule is just too weak to justify it otherwise. 

That said it's doable especially given how weak the schedule is. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

12 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

When is the last time a player not in the power conferences won the Heisman?

Ty Detmer in 1990 at BYU if I had to guess

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

7 hours ago, mgrothe8 said:

If he becomes a heisman finalist, that means we are doing very well, which equals great things. Which is all that matters at the end of day. I also think we will be fine with Kean when QF is gone. Of course, I might be a little biased since he reminds me of myself, minus a few ints hopefully. 

Thanks, Matt! 

Just based on your own opinion, who do you feel will be the better QB post-Flowers? Kean or Oladukon? We've heard good things about both in practice, but maybe you've had more insights?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

20 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Curious to see if Gilbert favors Kean or Oladokun as QB2. Heard Chris O killed it on the scout team and in practice. You might see both sharing time in garbage time, if the games go as expected. 

I believe that Oladukun was #3 simply to not burn the redshirt for basically no reason at all.  O wasn't going to beat out QF.  Kean is fine, but I suspect there will be a real battle for the #2 spot in spring and fall.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I believe that Oladukun was #3 simply to not burn the redshirt for basically no reason at all.  O wasn't going to beat out QF.  Kean is fine, but I suspect there will be a real battle for the #2 spot in spring and fall.

Yea, I'm a firm believer Oladokun is our next QB and I'm excited for that. Kid can throw but also escape pressure if he needs to. It's telling that he was taking QB3 reps before Woulard went down. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

28 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Yea, I'm a firm believer Oladokun is our next QB and I'm excited for that. Kid can throw but also escape pressure if he needs to. It's telling that he was taking QB3 reps before Woulard went down. 

Agreed.  Have heard great things about Oladokun.  Hope he puts on a little weight this offseason.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 hours ago, 206BULL said:

Maybe, but I think there was a lot more going on there than we know about.