• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

is there anyone here against this hire?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

11 minutes ago, Viking_Bull said:

When people call it a mess they refer to there being a lot of bad eggs on the team so he had to bench those players to prove a point that he was changing the culture of the program. Rich boosters don't care about that and just want to win games.

he didn't bench them. he kicked them off. 10 of them. two were legit. they were accused of a crime.

the rest it seems were for team violations. likely for smoking pot as he doubled drug tests when he got there.

seems pretty stupid to me. gutting a program for violations not for actual crimes

http://www.hookem.com/story/effects-of-dismissals-linger-for-charlie-strong/

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

he didn't bench them. he kicked them off. 10 of them. two were legit. they were accused of a crime.

the rest it seems were for team violations. likely for smoking pot as he doubled drug tests when he got there.

seems pretty stupid to me. gutting a program for violations not for actual crimes

" This week in Dallas, Strong admitted that coaches at other schools have cast him as something of a tyrant to recruits, as if somehow his core values – honesty, treating women with respect, and no drugs, guns or stealing – are unreasonable demands of a college student. "

I am not sure I am having trouble with this.  I am actually against the rule prohibiting marijuana but if he for it, and that is not unreasonable from a coach, I don't see why it shouldn't be enforced.   

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Bull94 wants everyone to ignore the facts surrounding the shake-up and makeup of his team/program at Texas and look and see that they were 7-2 in conference before he got there.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

As a hire, he was amazing

Would he hit the ground running? All the tools and resources are available right now

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Good opposing view, can't all be sunshine & rainbows. But as far as a fit at USF, I don't think we had anyone even close to Strong to consider. Our guys aren't strangers to rule enforcement, so we shouldn't have the same primadonna stuff UT had. We really have some good kids here, CWT helped make it that way.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

23 minutes ago, Joe said:

Bull94 wants everyone to ignore the facts surrounding the shake-up and makeup of his team/program at Texas and look and see that they were 7-2 in conference before he got there.

I just posted an article about the facts surrounding the shake-up. he kicked 10 players off. 8 of them likely for smoking pot.

all of that turmoil was caused by him.

with the exception of 2,these weren't players that were arrested. they just didn't follow his code of conduct. good for him for standing on his high ground but then don't act like he had nothing to do with the gutting of that program.heck if OSU or Alabama kicked players off for smoking pot they would gut their programs too.

Fact - he was left with 5 NFL draft picks on his defense

Fact - he was left with a doak walker award winner in his backfield

Fact - they were 7-2 in conference the year before he took over

Fact - he lost to Kansas in his 3rd year

I'm not saying he can't have success here. I hope he does. Just saying I don't think it's the slam dunk hire many on here think

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

CWT set up WKU to have amazing runs (back to back conf champs, right?)

Hopefully, CCS pulls the same for USF... and gets that NY6

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I just posted an article about the facts surrounding the shake-up. he kicked 10 players off. 8 of them likely for smoking pot.

all of that turmoil was caused by him.

with the exception of 2,these weren't players that were arrested. they just didn't follow his code of conduct. good for him for standing on his high ground but then don't act like he had nothing to do with the gutting of that program.

I didn't see where you said that he made the guys smoke pot and then kick them off the team.  Not doing drugs is not some unusual requirement.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

42 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Better not be double drug tests at USF. I think the majority of college football player smoke. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

BTW, smoking marijuana is actually a crime in most states.

• Upvote 1