• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can't blame Taggart for his decision

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

So even our own head coach doesn't believe it's ever possible here.

I do seriously see a path next year with help from the football gods of course, steering the top coveted programs to a couple losses. If we beat S. Carolina we head into the season around 20th.  Follow that up with 12 - 0 regular season and a stomping of Navy for 13 - 0 along with national attention from a Strong hire (pun intended), and we have a recipe to join the big boys table.  We are going to have to force our way in. Make people want us. Our offense can do it next year. With a little Stronger defense, we could have the first African-American head coach national champion.

Edited by BullTiger

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, BullTiger said:

I do seriously see a path next year with help from the football gods of course, steering the top coveted programs to a couple losses. If we beat S. Carolina we head into the season around 20th.  Follow that up with 12 - 0 regular season and a stomping of Navy for 13 - 0 along with national attention from a String hire (pun intended), and we have a recipe to join the big boys table.  We are going to have to force our way in. Make people want us. Our offense can do it next year. With a little Stronger defense, we could have the first African-American head coach national champion.

And every team we play be either undefeated or the minimum losses they could possibly have. It would be totally awesome but I just don't see it being even remotely feasible.

To clarify though, I don't believe those things to all be likely. However, we should win the bowl game, it's our most feasible undefeated season ever, and very year crazy stuff happens. Then if they could land Strong, the talk of his success alone keeps us moving up the rankings as we win. It's unlikely overall, but we've never had a more attainable path.

I think we would have to ride the ESPN machine along the way. They would want to play up our coaches success. That gets us on ballets like it or not. That moves us up of we win. People will give our team more credibility with Strong as head coach.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I do seriously see a path next year with help from the football gods of course, steering the top coveted programs to a couple losses. If we beat S. Carolina we head into the season around 20th.  Follow that up with 12 - 0 regular season and a stomping of Navy for 13 - 0 along with national attention from a Strong hire (pun intended), and we have a recipe to join the big boys table.  We are going to have to force our way in. Make people want us. Our offense can do it next year. With a little Stronger defense, we could have the first African-American head coach national champion.

I mean...every single card would have to turn up our way.  And a coaching change is no minor thing to deal with; possibly a total overhaul.  Not to mention the inevitable transfers and potential issues with keeping recruits.  What if Quinton followed Willie out to Oregon?  Grad student waiver or some such nonsense.  Strong hire or not, even winning a conference championship could be a tall order next year now.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

15 minutes ago, BullTiger said:

With a little Stronger defense, we could have the first African-American head coach national champion.

I'd like just the school's first conference championship head coach (red, yellow, black or white, they are special in his sight), and go from there.

Hey, silver lining / glimmer of hope here. 

Just trying not to imagine the three year slide we saw with Holtz and the fact that I won't be a part of another one. I can't invest thousands of dollars to watch the program fall apart again.

Edited by BullTiger

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

Just trying not to imagine the three year slide we saw with Holtz and the fact that I won't be a part of another one. I can't invest thousands of dollars to watch the program fall apart again.

If we get blown out at home by Stony Brook next year ..... I'm done.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If we get blown out at home by Stony Brook next year ..... I'm done.

I am Brady Quinn Now I'm Done done.