• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Indoor or Covered practice facility

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  19

3 hours ago, Bear said:

What's this 8 miles from campus number?

It's at least 10 miles... and the traffic is terrible (not just on game days)... this is at least a 20 minutes drive (on a good day).

I don't mind playing at Ray Jay... as long as we are benefitting from renting a stadium (cheaper costs to be used elsewhere).

I guessed with the 8 miles, just looked it up 10.2 miles, and traffic is not that bad. 20 minutes to get to a game is nothing. While not next to an interstate, there are plenty of routes to take to spread the game traffic around. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  19

15 hours ago, JTrue said:

High school down there too?

Yes, Pope John Paul II in Boca. (now named St. John Paul II Academy)

Grew up in in Boca and Delray. Loved going to Strikers games, minor league baseball (West Palm and Ft. Lauderdale), Spring training (Pompano, Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm) ... The Dolphins.... Marlins came along when I was a senior in high school. Some Heat games (tickets were always $5 on the street if Jordan wasn't playing). 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

These things aren't that expensive to build. If the average person wanted to build that, it would come in under a million. Now that is without all the fancy murals and handrails and what not but I would think $5 million would cover all of that easy. What does USF still pay Skippy each season?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, usf97 said:

These things aren't that expensive to build. If the average person wanted to build that, it would come in under a million. Now that is without all the fancy murals and handrails and what not but I would think $5 million would cover all of that easy. What does USF still pay Skippy each season?

$500,000 in 2017. 

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

17 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I was thinking the same about the OCS. FAU (2001), and FIU (2002) are both newer programs than we are, have had less success, yet each has an OCS. FAU I believe is in the process of getting an IPF as well, mainly due to a $16 million donation  iirc. Was there ever a serious push during the program's heyday for an OCS?

usf has a state of the art nfl stadium to play in which is alot better than fau and fiu ocs