• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oregon reaches out to Willie Taggart

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

While I do not disagree, where does it end?  Does he/every coach not promise kids the same thing every cycle?  What about the players he recruited in year two?  Year three.....

How about if I amended that to say he stay around long enough to demonstrate consistent success and that the program he would hand to the next coach would have a likelihood of success when he departs.

He could be leaving this team to a Holtz New Era.

Still no conference championship, no trophy win, no respect, no community support.  We just now had a season worth talking about. He's not built a consistent winner.  He feels successful because he could out-recruit the rest of the AAC.  When these recruits are gone, we could be back to 4-8.

I don't believe he has the resume for Oregon, but crazier things have happened.  I'd like it if his concern was on finishing the job here.  Winning 10 games is not finishing the job.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

6 minutes ago, Mizzou said:

I was in a coach's office when he received a call from Dungy.  This coach gave Dungy his start at Pittsburgh and he was hoping Dungy would consider him for a position on his staff Dungy replied, "I gotta help my people."

LOL ..... Cool story, bro. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mizzou said:

I remember you coming to the realization well after the fact that Woolard and Genshaft destroyed a good man who was devoted to his players and USF only for money and Woolard's fragile ego.

Your memory is fraying.  I knew what was afoot long before they terminated him.  Yes, I was asked my thoughts, unofficially.  I stated that I can hear the anger and disgust some fans have with 8 win seasons and the "collapses", but taking a guy out in this way for that reason is unprofessional and poor. 

I met JL a number of times.  I was a huge proponent of him having more time to build depth and resources.  We were on the right path.  I was not one of the impatient fans that felt JL was holding us back.  

Those people are now mostly living under rocks.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Yes but, Tony's not here posting a litany of comments ranging from the inane to pure spite.

Mizzou reaches a handfull of people with his comments, Dungy reaches the entire country.  He's selling out USF for Taggart.  It's a shame.  

I hope like hell we didn't recently honor him for something.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

28 minutes ago, Brad said:
9 minutes ago, Brad said:

How about if I amended that to say he stay around long enough to demonstrate consistent success and that the program he would hand to the next coach would have a likelihood of success when he departs.

He could be leaving this team to a Holtz New Era.

Still no conference championship, no trophy win, no respect, no community support.  We just now had a season worth talking about. He's not built a consistent winner.  He feels successful because he could out-recruit the rest of the AAC.  When these recruits are gone, we could be back to 4-8.

I don't believe he has the resume for Oregon, but crazier things have happened.  I'd like it if his concern was on finishing the job here.  Winning 10 games is not finishing the job.

I agree.  But CWT left his Alma mater, and all the promises he made to those kids and WKU, for a better opportunity.  Why would we expect him to do anything different with us?  USF is not a dream job, no G5 is.

CWT comes from a very accomplished coaching tree.  I am sure he is ambitious.  I think your (mine as well) expectations are just not realistic.

I do not think he will be hired by Oregon either, but by Oregon's choice, not his.  This is now year two for CWT sniffing around and P5 jobs, he is who he is.   

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Mizzou reaches a handfull of people with his comments, Dungy reaches the entire country.  He's selling out USF for Taggart.  It's a shame.  

I hope like hell we didn't recently honor him for something.  

Same here Brad. He basically crapped all over our program by his actions. I Get helping out someone, but at the expense of the local university? 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

Taggart has some unfinished business before he goes to any p5 school. He must win a conference title to show he can win them at the p5 level

One "good" thing about this is it gives the haters something to release those pent up emotions about. Not healthy to keep those internally gnawing. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

One "good" thing about this is it gives the haters something to release those pent up emotions about. Not healthy to keep those internally gnawing. 

Disagree, the defense provided plenty of opportunity. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ArmyBull said:

Disagree, the defense provided plenty of opportunity. 

True... but the offense kept it from fully being utilized.