• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

a loss to navy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

Some are happy with tiny improvements, some are not :D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,497
  • Days Won:  13

47 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Some are happy with tiny improvements, some are not :D

Honestly I am not so sure that we will see an improvement over last year.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, smazza said:

would indicate we still have a ways to go to compete with the aac elite

CWT's failure to develop a top flight Quarterback is evidence he may be in over his head in the AAC.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

9 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

CWT's failure to develop a top flight Quarterback is evidence he may be in over his head in the AAC.

I like what you are doing here.

:popcorn:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,634
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

They may lose momentum, but there should still be a lot of motivation to improve on last year's record, match the best-ever regular season record, beat UCF, and win their first bowl game since 2010. 

If they do all of the above, I have to consider this a "successful" season given what we've crawled out of. 

3 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I disagree, we were 1 game away from being the  CCG title game last year, and were favorites to get there this year. If we don't at least get into the CCG, I consider this year a failure.

I put the quotation marks around "successful" to convey that it is a relative term.  We fans have a way of latching onto the positive scouting reports on our team and dismiss the negative ones.  Later when the positives don't come as expected and the negatives begin to be confirmed, we feel the team underachieved.

If we don't make it to the CCG, I can see where some may say it wasn't a successful season based on expectations.  But I still feel there is success in beating the previous year's record, matching our best-ever season record (maybe beating it if we beat Navy), beating UCF, and winning a bowl game.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744

I'm sticking to my preseason prediction of 7-5

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

10 minutes ago, Boomer said:

I put the quotation marks around "successful" to convey that it is a relative term.  We fans have a way of latching onto the positive scouting reports on our team and dismiss the negative ones.  Later when the positives don't come as expected and the negatives begin to be confirmed, we feel the team underachieved.

If we don't make it to the CCG, I can see where some may say it wasn't a successful season based on expectations.  But I still feel there is success in beating the previous year's record, matching our best-ever season record (maybe beating it if we beat Navy), beating UCF, and winning a bowl game.

I agree with this guy^^^

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

15 minutes ago, Boomer said:

If we lose to Navy & Memphis, and possibly UCF, I was coming up with a though experiment of how would people feel if our conference schedule had been reversed. Would we as fans be happier if we started poorly against Navy, Memphis, Temple and then cleaned up the end of the season against UConn, Cinci, SMU and UCF? Like last year where it looks like what happened was a confluence of the team coming together and meeting inferior competition at the same time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

A loss to navy all but knocks us out of the aac title game. Don't see temple losing 2 of their remaining conference games

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Our bowl games don't really matter.  Getting there is the prize.  Of course I'd like to win those, but a loss in a meaningless bowl game doesn't matter in the long run.