• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Updated Bowl Predictions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It's not as one sided as you may think. The commisnor, athletic director, and bowls all work together to decide. If we won the conference but did not get the access Bowl I would almost bet we go to Birmingham to play an SEC team. 

Good to know. Birmongham wouldn't be that bad at all. Not a bad time of year and against an SEC team would be great. I'm now recalling that the program was nudging to do a road trip and maybe that helped get us to Miami last year. 

• Topic Count:  962
  • Content Count:  9,762
  • Days Won:  9

I wonder if they still put the fans all on one side at Legion Field?  Also I wonder if they've done ant renovations there?  That place was a dump when we beat ECU up there.  Fun time though.  Cool little downtown area.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Our first "Bowl Game" will be on 12/3/16, hopefully at RayJay. The next one, any bowl vs P5, so why not the Cotton Bowl?

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

BEST CASE Scenario we play one of the so called big name Florida schools, Florida, Miami, FSU. I would LOVE to play FLORIDA. that would be an INCREDIBLE boost to our program should we beat them.

anyone see any chance in that matchup happening?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, BULLZ said:

BEST CASE Scenario we play one of the so called big name Florida schools, Florida, Miami, FSU. I would LOVE to play FLORIDA. that would be an INCREDIBLE boost to our program should we beat them.

I think the best chance to play one of the big 3 in FL is Miami in the St. Pete Bowl.  I see at least a couple of more losses coming their way.  

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, BULLZ said:

Only chance of USF playing UF would be in the Birmingham Bowl, and UF would have to not win the SEC Least for them to be considered for that bowl.

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I think the best chance to play one of the big 3 in FL is Miami in the St. Pete Bowl.  I see at least a couple of more losses coming their way.  

But if we were to win out and finish the season ranked you don't see us playing in a top tier bowl? 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, BULLZ said:

But if we were to win out and finish the season ranked you don't see us playing in a top tier bowl? 

Boise and Western Mich also need to lose one game. Of course USF also we needs to win the rest of their games.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

19 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Our first "Bowl Game" will be on 12/3/16, hopefully at RayJay. The next one, any bowl vs P5, so why not the Cotton Bowl?

It's going to take a lot for us to get there. Even if Houston doesn't make the conference title game, a 1 loss Houston with a win over Oklahoma and Louisville will get that spot. We'd probably also need Boise State to lose twice. And western Michigan at least once.

You never know, but I think there is a lot to get in that picture.

Alright so if we win win out, by the time our championship game rolls around we will be ranked 19/20, sound about right?

then championship game Houston is top 10 probably 7/8/9. We beat them we probably jump 5 spots to about 14 or 15. 

At this point how are we not eligible for a TOP tier bowl? 

Edited by BULLZ