• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Players about attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Brad said:

It's really not important to players.  Winning is.  Would be nice to hear a little about football.

Why not ask fans about attendance, since they're the ones either showing up or not?

Why not dig in to the issue with the Administration? 

It couldn't have anything to do with the type and amount of coverage provided in the Tampa Bay area media, so don't interview yourself.

Players?

Brad,

Of course it hurts the players when 80% of the seats are vacant during the game. Of course it infuriates Coach T, BUT..... What is responding with their true feelings going to achieve other than provide a hanging curve ball for Martin Fennelly?  

I doubt it convinces anyone else to show up. 

Reality bites.

Our die hard fanbase is small. I'm glad to be a part of them and thanked the few left around me in section 138 after the game. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

Last week was not a typical weekend game. For three days prior,  all anyone in FL heard was a Cat 4 Hurricane was heading to Fl. I'm sure some students went home to be with family, not really worrying about our football game ( I was there with my three friends). It was just a crazy weekend. BTW FL postponed their game. We shouldn't look back at this without appreciating a major hurricane was about to devastate, homes, lives, etc.  It will be better this weekend. I will be there with my peeps. GO BULLS. I hate my local reporters here period.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I think attendance gets a pass for the ECU game due to Hurricane Matthew.  However, this doesn't excuse game day attendance in prior weeks (with the exception of the FSU game).  This is a much bigger issue than any one week. 

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558

I would anticipate a much better crowd this coming weekend with no storm and it being a night game. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

It sucks, but it's certainly not the current player's fault at all

I have friends who literally started at USF as a freshman, and graduated and didn't see a single winning season. Went to dozens of losing home games.

The firing of Leavitt and the "Holtz Era" caused a horrific amount of damage to the support of the USF Football Team. 

We are slowly getting that back, but it's going to take a little bit. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

A few top wins vs Top 20 at Ray Jay is the answer.  I agree with the hurricane issue.  I hate to say the letters but "OCS" is the real answer for the students.  As an example to similar schools.  My daughter is a freshman at UTSA and she does not go to games.  I think if it the stadium was on campus she would go.  My son played a game at TX State this season.  TSU does not fill their stadiums either.  However TSU does better than UTSA because they have a nice stadium OC in San Marcos and they were founded in 1890.  UTSA is at the Alamo dome and is about 8 yrs younger than USF with football being 10 yrs younger. 

BTW did anyone see how the Stanford fans cleared out of the thier stadium before the four qtr just being down 3 scores.  That was awful.  Condeleezza Rice and Tiger Woods was at the game too.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

We're going to get Navy in the house ranked. Unless them being inactive somehow gets them kicked out of the rankings. We ourselves may be getting more looks when that time comes too. 

I feel like people pay more attention when your school is "ranked" or playing a "ranked" team. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

25 minutes ago, BullDoug said:

I hate to say the letters but "OCS" is the real answer for the students.

I think that's something we all agree on .... that the students would be the only lock for better attendance with an ocs.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Agree...and it may a few fickle folks from pinellas and sarasota less likely to make the longer drive, not me but some for sure

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89

On 10/11/2016 at 2:40 PM, BullsBoltsJagsRays said:

The seats would keep their red color longer.  

Maybe we could rent them out to the Bucs to make a few bucks. Bucks from the Bucs. They could use them also:

Fans endure pouring rain during a preseason game between the Bucs and Washington Redskins at Raymond James Stadium.