• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Lucky for you. I think that exact thing happens especially after this media fall out. You made about that last drive, y'all haven't seen anything yet. 

I think Taggart wasn't very happy with how the team ended the  game. I'd expect him to push them next week against another winnable game.

--------

Looking at the rankings from a W/L perspective, You have to think UNC, Stanford, Colorado get bumped. Arkansas maybe, but I bet they get dropped to 23-24 since they lost to Bama. 

Miami will drop and so will Houston and Tenn, but all that will do is rearrange the standings. 

Otherwise, I bet Western Michigan gets in, maybe ASU. LSU isn't playing this week. UGA plays today, if they win I bet they get put in as well.  Ahead of us currently in the AP polls, Auburn won, OK State won. SDSU won.  TCU barely won, I think that hurts them. Maryland, Air Force, and MSU lost.

With the teams in front of us losing, I'd say we'll get more votes just by them losing, which would put us top 30. AP votes I mean. 

Guest PCBull14
7 minutes ago, Breedwell said:

I think Taggart wasn't very happy with how the team ended the  game. I'd expect him to push them next week against another winnable game.

--------

Looking at the rankings from a W/L perspective, You have to think UNC, Stanford, Colorado get bumped. Arkansas maybe, but I bet they get dropped to 23-24 since they lost to Bama. 

Miami will drop and so will Houston and Tenn, but all that will do is rearrange the standings. 

Otherwise, I bet Western Michigan gets in, maybe ASU. LSU isn't playing this week. UGA plays today, if they win I bet they get put in as well.  Ahead of us currently in the AP polls, Auburn won, OK State won. SDSU won.  TCU barely won, I think that hurts them. Maryland, Air Force, and MSU lost.

With the teams in front of us losing, I'd say we'll get more votes just by them losing, which would put us top 30. AP votes I mean. 

I agree with that. Though not sold on Western Michigan for one second. Nice team, we beat them by two scores at least. 

I was actually talking about us dismantling UCONN. Our games with them are normally tough, but I see a three score win at least next week. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

47 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Here are my usual IF statements again with regard to yesterday's game. IF we scored in the 1st quarted when we were in the redzone instead of making stupid penalties and IF Mack does not fumble and IF we get that score at the end of the game that everyone is so upset about...on paper this score reads more like 62-22 Bulls. As others have said, we haven't played a complete game and we made silly errors that we may not make in a game when we are "on". That game looked and felt much closer than it ever had to be..with those scores that really were likely to happen in a game that we aren't hurting ourselves with silly turnovers and penalties, we win yesterday's game by 40 and we feel much differently about it. If we score 62, I doubt ECU has the type of momentum they had at times that allowed them to score 22. Therefore the differential is possibly larger than 40 points. We dominated yesterday and you guys didn't even know it! :)

It can always go both ways though: If there wasn't a targeting call on Adams and they get that INT, we don't get 7 there. If the refs call a PI (which a lot of people thought there should've been) towards the end of the game that Harris brought back, we don't score 7 there either. That means we only win the game by 2.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Never will understand giving mack the ball right after he just ran 55 yds

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

13 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Never will understand giving mack the ball right after he just ran 55 yds

I was yelling to get him out of there as soon as he went out of bounds after the long run.  Next play he fumbles. I'm thinking why? why? why?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

14 hours ago, TheUpperHand said:

Not that it has any bearing on anything, but I've been checking this site every one in a while since I've seen it posted a few times. Our RPI actually dropped 12 spots (from 35 to 47) after the win. Has us as the lowest ranked 5 win team.

http://www.realtimerpi.com/college_football/ncaaf_power_rankings.html

And we settled in at #36, so we only dropped one by beating a significantly inferior team. Had we gotten that last TD, we might have actually bumped UP to 34, so maybe Willy knew something after all.

As I predicted, Houston didn't get significantly penalized for the loss to Navy (teams rarely do), but they only dropped one to #7, which is a lot less than I expected. If USF and UH both win out, and Navy can pick up one more loss other than to us, the CCG could easily be two top ten teams.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

16 hours ago, charsibb said:

7-1

Beating UConn next week doesn't get us ranked

Beating UConn AND Temple gets us to 20-25

We are currently #38 in the AP poll. UConn and Temple are both 3-3 as of now. I seriously doubt we make that kind of jump off those two wins. Unless we absolutely thrash them, I doubt the voters will be overly impressed with a victory over Temple. If Navy wins all games leading up to us, and we beat Navy, we probably get into the top 25 with that win.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I don't think ANY 7-1 team will be left out of the top 25 #jussayin

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

1 minute ago, charsibb said:

I don't think ANY 7-1 team will be left out of the top 25 #jussayin

It would be nice to see, and I hope you're right. Either way, we are inching closer.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

14 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

We are currently #38 in the AP poll. UConn and Temple are both 3-3 as of now. I seriously doubt we make that kind of jump off those two wins. Unless we absolutely thrash them, I doubt the voters will be overly impressed with a victory over Temple. If Navy wins all games leading up to us, and we beat Navy, we probably get into the top 25 with that win.

Last weeks poll. New one not released until Monday due to hurricane games