• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Expecting a Close Game in Cinci

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

While I'm hoping for a blowout victory this weekend, I think it will be relatively close.  All of our conference road games have been close games (aside from UCF last year and they were just pitifull).  Navy was close, but a loss.  ECU and Connecticut were 5 and 8 point victories respectvely.  As far as UC, we jumped all over them last year, but they still put up 27.  I don't anticipate leading 51-3 at half like we did last year.  Looking at the stats from last year both teams had 25 first downs.  They also had a really good 3rd down conversion rate against us.  Also they threw for 333 yards.  Mix this in with our defensive issues and it might be a close one.  I'm thinking somewhere around 45-31, with Kano Dillon finally making his mark this year and the Bulls putting it away late.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

We took the foot off the gas big time in the 2nd half.  We just need our guys to come out sharp, score on the first 2-3 possessions and get some stops on D, and I think we'll be fine.  We basically have the same team as last year + an extra weapon like MVS.  

I'm just worried about how we start.  If we start fast again, we should win going away.  

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

So far we have and I expect them same. I like our chances of putting up 45

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

We took the foot off the gas big time in the 2nd half.  We just need our guys to come out sharp, score on the first 2-3 possessions and get some stops on D, and I think we'll be fine.  We basically have the same team as last year + an extra weapon like MVS.  

I'm just worried about how we start.  If we start fast again, we should win going away.  

Exactly. As long as we put both the Offensive and Defensive players on the same plain to the same destination, we should be ok. :GoBulls:

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

UC turned it over 6 times last year, 5 in the first half.  Our D hasn't been getting takeaways this year which is also a concern.  Like I said, hoping for a blowout but any win will do just fine.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

I'm still not on board with the fact that our D coordinator doesn't coach from the sideline. Someone needs to get these guys fired up. The pressure we would bring last year is almost non existent this year. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

12 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I'm still not on board with the fact that our D coordinator doesn't coach from the sideline. Someone needs to get these guys fired up. The pressure we would bring last year is almost non existent this year. 

I agree, you can't coach from a sky box. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Rizman said:

I agree, you can't coach from a sky box. 

I mean he's able to see a lot from up there, but I haven't seen anyone up in these guys faces when needed. The energy on the sideline just isn't there like it was last year. What's going to be done, is someone going to relay his message like " coach said to do this or coach said to do that?"

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Definitely a close game.  Night game @ Nippert stadium when we're favored after a big beat down last year with a  very bad porous defense.  O will have to win this and their D hasn't been that bad.  This has horror show written all over it.  Hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote 2