• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Red Star Rock Bar rocked today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Greater Tampa USF Alumni Chapter (GTAC) had their watch party at Red Star Rock Bar in Tampa (Seminole Heights), and it was packed in there today with USF fans.  It was an overall success, and it was a good environment for USF fans. There were some initial issues with ESPN 3, and while they struggled to get it set up, the smartphones came out, but they got the broadcast going after a few minutes.  The service was very good for the number of customers in the bar, and they were running some decent specials for the game.  They do not have a kitchen, but they do have a food truck, so getting food was not optimal.  I do not think they were expecting this many people to show up, but they handled it well and would have made Jon Taffer proud. 

It was nice to be the top dog in for a watch party, which was severely lacking in other locations who have recently treated us like second class citizens.  I think that if USF fans keep packing this place for watch parties that we have found a new partner that will treat us with the respect that we deserve.

Good job Red Star Rock Bar, and good job GTAC.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Aweomse to hear!

Was thinking about going to a watch party (probably Selmon's) but knowing how ESPN3 can be difficult, I decided to stay home

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

Selmon's on Boy Scout is the way to go. Official South Tampa watch party. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Who's Jon Taffer?

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

I went to Selmon's, it was packed. Food was delicious and 15% off. In the main bar area, they had ESPN3 on most of the tv's and the jumbo projector screen.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

12 hours ago, Brad said:

Who's Jon Taffer?

John Galt's little brother

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

17 minutes ago, charsibb said:

John Galt's little brother

:shrugs

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

FYI. The food truck (tongue thai'd) is owned by a USF alum. Good guy and great food! He also had a restaurant in Brandon called Chai Yo. Try it out!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 6:19 PM, hightechbull said:

Greater Tampa USF Alumni Chapter (GTAC) had their watch party at Red Star Rock Bar in Tampa (Seminole Heights), and it was packed in there today with USF fans.  It was an overall success, and it was a good environment for USF fans. There were some initial issues with ESPN 3, and while they struggled to get it set up, the smartphones came out, but they got the broadcast going after a few minutes.  The service was very good for the number of customers in the bar, and they were running some decent specials for the game.  They do not have a kitchen, but they do have a food truck, so getting food was not optimal.  I do not think they were expecting this many people to show up, but they handled it well and would have made Jon Taffer proud. 

It was nice to be the top dog in for a watch party, which was severely lacking in other locations who have recently treated us like second class citizens.  I think that if USF fans keep packing this place for watch parties that we have found a new partner that will treat us with the respect that we deserve.

Good job Red Star Rock Bar, and good job GTAC.

Sounds like a bunch of communists

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Any away games on CBS Sports Network will probably force me to the Red Star. I'm glad to hear that it went well.