• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FSU Game Time

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

Well, with the Bucs playing in town Sunday, that probably explains a bit why the game is at noon.  Gotta have ample time to get the field ready for the big pirate flag.  

I hate the time of the game.  My son has a t-ball game at 1 pm, and since I'm one of the coaches, I can't miss it.  I'll DVR but also, when the team is on the field, I can watch a little on my phone on the down low.  

what happens when you have a kid on base, QF breaks into the open, you start yelling "GO!, GO!, GO!" and the kid gets picked off base?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

A small-yet-interesting stat I dug up: #USF has not won a noon kickoff at Ray Jay since defeating Louisville under Jim Leavitt in 2009.

Is this similar to the Thu curse?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

what happens when you have a kid on base, QF breaks into the open, you start yelling "GO!, GO!, GO!" and the kid gets picked off base?

Well, that would be fine with me, because as I said, my son's team would be in the field, so it would be a kid from the other team getting picked off. ;)

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

Well, that would be fine with me, because as I said, my son's team would be in the field, so it would be a kid from the other team getting picked off. ;)

That'll work... GO!  GO!  GO!  BULLS!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

14 minutes ago, bulls phanatic said:

A small-yet-interesting stat I dug up: #USF has not won a noon kickoff at Ray Jay since defeating Louisville under Jim Leavitt in 2009.

Even though that was THE game, not ready to call it a curse. How many noon home games have we even had?

I prefer the small-yet-interesting stat that says we are 1-0 vs FSU for noon kickoffs ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, bulls phanatic said:

Who says **** like this? Someone who isn't in favor of the program. Why does he feel the need to point this out? He certainly doesn't appear objective in his reporting of USF sports or even hint at a hometown bias (as he probably should). His followers are obviously USF fans so why tweet stuff like this at them...

"...let me remind you all for a second that you've sucked in the past and history says you're going to suck again, suckers!" -Jeff Odom's Thought Process

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  441
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Even though that was THE game, not ready to call it a curse. How many noon home games have we even had?

I prefer the small-yet-interesting stat that says we are 1-0 vs FSU for noon kickoffs ...

I looked and we won at Uconn last year at noon but since he specified at Ray Jay I looked at only home games. We had 0 in 2015, 1 in 2014 vs UCF, 2 in 2013 vs Louisville and Miami, 0 in 2012, 1 in 2011 vs Cinci (the Louisville game which we lost was at 11 am), 2 in 2010 vs Syracuse and Pitt. So we have only played 6 noon games at home since the Louisville win in 09. In that same time we have won 7 noon starts on the road or at neutral sights.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, bulls phanatic said:

Time to create a new trend.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

22 minutes ago, python815 said:

So we have only played 6 noon games at home since the Louisville win in 09. In that same time we have won 7 noon starts on the road or at neutral sights.

Was that 7-0 in non-home noon starts? Being 0-6 at home and 7-0 non home for noon games is a more interesting stat ...