• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My take from the game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, feardabull said:

Towson is a decent team too.  I think they will finish way better than the writers have them pinned at

Morgan Mahalak was recruited by Oregon as one of the best dual threat QBs in the country when they had Mariota. They wound up with more prolific options, and he transferred out to an FCS program so as to not affect his eligibility.

They're going to rock the proverbial boat this year, no question.

Guest PCBull14
40 minutes ago, fhemmer209 said:

Agree, a fun night. New scoreboard was outstanding although it took discipline to not look at too much. Students seemed into it  which is always entertaining.

Penalties seemed under control. Play of the game could have been better but I won't worry about that at this point after a 56-20 win.

And the streaker....well I am sure he will wake up tomorrow wondering why he did that.

Funny thing is, I don't think we played that well and still won by 36. 

1 minute ago, PCBull14 said:

Funny thing is, I don't think we played that well and still won by 36. 

This.

It was weird... We won handily, but it never really seemed like we were in control.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

This.

It was weird... We won handily, but it never really seemed like we were in control.

I think part of it was the frustration I had with the defensive front not being able to stop them on short yardage plays.  Special teams also needs some work, especially discipline on kick coverage since we can't seem to kick a ball deep.  Towson was consistently starting at or beyond their own 30.  Overall, we were fine but made those areas stand out.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Because we looked sloppy.  QF's passing set everyone off.  it was not that of a QB that could win a conference.

Yes, and it was on display for everyone to see. I give them this game to shake it off but honestly, what I saw from Kean, he could sling better than Flowers. I expected more from Flowers and our entire offense for that matter. Let's hope we shake it off come next game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest PCBull14
4 minutes ago, MonsterBullMCMXC said:

Yes, and it was on display for everyone to see. I give them this game to shake it off but honestly, what I saw from Kean, he could sling better than Flowers. I expected more from Flowers and our entire offense for that matter. Let's hope we shake it off come next game. 

We looked off timing wise by a sec or so. I offense looked fine. Just needs to tighten up. Considering our caliber of opponent and how many other teams including P5 teams looked this week...We're just fine. 

Flowers threw a lot of good balls as well that weren't caught. He will be fine and the offense will only get better. 

I'll take a 36 point win with 56 points scored. Especially pulling your starters for much of the 4th. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

19 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Flowers threw a lot of good balls as well that weren't caught.

I'll have to re-watch.

Guest PCBull14
6 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'll have to re-watch.

It think of at two but thinking of three of the top of my head from QF and coupe from Kean that flat out should have been caught. Decent performance but a lot of work left to do. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

How about the sound system...much improved. Liked sun dolls at entrance and exit to stadium.

I thought offense timing was off but still scored 50+

Do not sell Towson short at all, Towson was ranked 23 I believe and they had a good back and senior o line and good qb. Hope the qb is ok because if so they win alot of games. 

Our defense did good overall shutting down run game.  Frustrating that we would stop Towson on 3rd down and most teams would punt but they would get a first down and extend drives.  Don't blame for doing that...on plus gave defense more work.

Biggest concern is kicking coverage and punt coverage  we gotta get better.  

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Downvote 1