• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Guest PCBull14
1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

Wyoming ties it up on a drive that was highlighted by attacking the edges and designed and adlibed QB runs. 

So you mean the USF attack with way less speed? lol

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

I thought Wyoming was one of the worst div.1 teams.. I didn't watch any of the game but I saw that NIU lost to them.

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

This team from dekalb just had WYOMING put up 40 on them and got beat.  

Why is there an issue? ;) 

GO BULLS!!! 

DT

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It is 11:30pm and Nothern Illinois is in Wyoming still waiting for KO due to a rain delay. They will be playing ball at 3:00am ET. They will get home tomorrow, practice for three days, get on a plane and come to Tampa. That is going to be a tired team we are going to play next week. 

The game actually ended at 2:34 AM ... Mountain Time... that's 4:34 AM Eastern time.

I am posting this at 9:00am... and NIU might just now be getting back to campus.  (2 hours to shower get on the bus, get to the airport... 2 hour flight to Chicago... bus out to DeKalb)... Sunday is usually a day off for most teams... and they do have a holiday (no school at least) tomorrow.

But yeah, they are going to be tired when they get to Tampa on Friday.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Wyoming is pretty awful usually so that is surprising. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Their defense is slow and Wyoming was getting good yards on the edge all night. Their QB was burning them all night on designed runs and scrambles too. They also had issues in the secondary and committed a bunch of PI and holding penalties. I think the offense will move the ball well because their biggest weaknesses are things we do well.

Offensively their QB is smart with the football and can sling it. He's also decently athletic. He will find the open guy if we give him time. We have to gameplan for #19 he's their biggest playmaker. He's 6'3 and has really good speed. They love to get him the ball on jet sweeps. He had almost 150yds receiving and 82 more yards on the ground. He will be a problem. Other than those two I didn't see any other real playmakers last night for them. That's really surprising because their RB is supposed to be all-MAC but he didn't do anything last night. Their offensive line has good size but really struggled with the speed of a VERY undersized Wyoming defense.

All in all this looks like a good match up for us as long as we can contain #19 and get after their QB. The biggest weaknesses I saw were things we do really well on both sides of the ball. Make no mistake though this is a program that's used to winning and I expect them to bounce back this week and get some of their issues cleaned up. If we come out ready to play and play clean football we win this by 3 scores. If we let them make plays and hang around they could beat us....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

8 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Ware has above average mobility and makes good decisions with the football and is accurate. I'm not overly impressed with the NIU skill players outside of Gollaway. He's 6' 3" with very good speed and we're going to have to game plan to take him out of the game 

We're going to stick Hoggins on him. All 5'8" of him. I like our odds.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

2 hours ago, JimUSFSig said:

The game actually ended at 2:34 AM ... Mountain Time... that's 4:34 AM Eastern time.

I am posting this at 9:00am... and NIU might just now be getting back to campus.  (2 hours to shower get on the bus, get to the airport... 2 hour flight to Chicago... bus out to DeKalb)... Sunday is usually a day off for most teams... and they do have a holiday (no school at least) tomorrow.

But yeah, they are going to be tired when they get to Tampa on Friday.

what does BYU do in a situation like this?

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

23 minutes ago, 2000bull said:

what does BYU do in a situation like this?

Almost did in 2012, BYU vs Utah.  The game ended at 11:59 when BYU missed a potential game tying FG that would have led to an after midnight overtime. 

BYU Athletics said that if a Saturday game runs into Sunday, they would keep playing. 

The game had a crazy ending: