• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Total Number of attendance Saturday... what do you guys think?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

There is only one beat writer in the entire ******* country who cares...

One beat writer and one blogger .... I guess that's what Collin is.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

19 hours ago, Triple B said:

First, why do WE need to gauge the overall fan interest in our team? Second, if someone spent money on a ticket, that was interest. Third, the actual figures don't delineate season tix from any others so you can't tell who it is that's not showing up. There is no rational reason for publicizing something that 99% of the other programs don't have to and doesn't really gauge anything.......

WE can gauge whatever we want to. While you can't know exactly who isn't showing up with total numbers, it is safe to assume that those that buy individual game tickets are more likely to use those tickets than a season ticket holder. 

Complaining about Joey Knight and the TBT publishing the number will do absolutely no good. I agree that it makes us look bad and it is unnecessary, but I don't see ANY correlation between discussing it on this message board and the beat writer publishing the actual figures in the newspaper. The TBT has a long history of being a negative rag that loves to take a dump on all things Tampa, guessing how many of our fans actually show up to the game (vs. tickets distributed) does nothing to change that. 

4 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The TBT has a long history of being a negative rag that loves to take a dump on all things Tampa, guessing how many of our fans actually show up to the game (vs. tickets distributed) does nothing to change that. 

Actually, the original was more of a rhetorical question about not bringing actual attendance up like media personas fixated on it  ..... but if y'all see some sort of intrinsic value in guessing it, go for it. No worse than some of the other stupid **** bandied about in here.

And the TBT Sports dept was not nearly as negative back in the Auman era ...

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Actually, the original was more of a rhetorical question about not bringing actual attendance up like media personas fixated on it  ..... but if y'all see some sort of intrinsic value in guessing it, go for it. No worse than some of the other stupid **** bandied about in here.

And the TBT Sports dept was not nearly as negative back in the Auman era ...

I agree with you about the Auman era. In those years, the Tampa Tribune was still a viable hometown paper and could keep the St. Pete Times honest. The loss of print journalism in this country is alarming. John Oliver had a really good piece concerning the issue on a recent episode of Last Week Tonight. 

I'm not looking to fight with you on the issue, but the actual attendance number isn't going to go away. I agree that it doesn't need to be reported, but, as I said, nothing is going to stop the TBT from doing so at this point. Interestingly, I found an article from another thread that stated the actual attendance impacts how much rent we have to pay per game at Ray Jay. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

5 hours ago, Azmodi said:

I'm right there with you. It's just dumb and isn't necessary.

indeed

2 hours ago, BullsBoltsJagsRays said:

I hope the students come back.  When I was there in 2009-2011 there was a solid presence in the student section.  2012-2014 everybody just stopped caring.  

I hope so too... I think with all the excitement and the new policies and reduced prices... we should see more fans.  I've been surprised with how many USF fans there are.  I workout and Golds Gym in North Hollywood and I found out we have 3 alumni in the gym, not counting me.  We all have been sporting Bulls gear this week... it's crazy.  Two I had no idea they went to school at USF.  It's crazy... and kinda cool.  I think the fan base has been waiting.  I  think we'll see decent attendance in the opening game and if we keep winning, I wouldn't be surprised to see a huge uptick if we upset FSU... 

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, JTrue said:

I know there will be at least 2 there. My 6 year old is seeing his first Bulls game.

I am doing the same. I am taking my 6 year old son to his first game too. Getting the next Generation ready. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

I agree with you about the Auman era. In those years, the Tampa Tribune was still a viable hometown paper and could keep the St. Pete Times honest. The loss of print journalism in this country is alarming. John Oliver had a really good piece concerning the issue on a recent episode of Last Week Tonight. 

I'm not looking to fight with you on the issue, but the actual attendance number isn't going to go away. I agree that it doesn't need to be reported, but, as I said, nothing is going to stop the TBT from doing so at this point. Interestingly, I found an article from another thread that stated the actual attendance impacts how much rent we have to pay per game at Ray Jay. 

My only concern is that you've now given JK another reason to post them ...... "Well, those guys over on TheBullsPen.com are curious what the actual attendance is so I'm just helping them out."  :shade:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, JTrue said:

I know there will be at least 2 there. My 6 year old is seeing his first Bulls game.

I saw my first bulls game when i was 1 month old... im 19 now.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

Go to the 20 second mark ....

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

I think mine was when I was 8 or 9ish. I'm now 25.