• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Video Boards

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Yeah the Bucs have a few kinks to work out.  There was no team video prior to kickoff of the sailing ships firing cannons, etc.  I would love to see the Bulls bust out of the wooden crates on those screens.  Call me old school but still my favorite team intro.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

I'm hoping they will use one of the side boards for live stats and scores.
Getting stats and scores only at halftime is so High School like.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

Unfortunately it's exactly how I imagined it would be.  They put these "huge" screens in and fill a third of them with ads.  The actual video portion was probably only about double the size it used to be (it pretty much doubled in height).  I've been saying since they announced what they were doing that they were cheaping out on the whole thing.  Comparing to some of the boards that have been put in at other recently remodeled stadiums the boards are small.  They keep touting the total screen area in the stadium but it's broken up all over the place, in the corners, ribbons, boards at both ends.  If they did it right they should've filled the space in the endzones or at least come close to it.

Edited by USFishin

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

I would love to see the side boards used for game stats.  Rushing, passing, individual leaders, etc.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I don't care about ads as long as they finally learn to show true replays after each play!!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I talked to a guy at FanFest that said the new boards were very large and picture quality was awesome. Said that the addition of the ribbon and the new sound system improved the in game experience a lot. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

18 hours ago, BDYZR said:

I talked to a guy at FanFest that said the new boards were very large and picture quality was awesome. Said that the addition of the ribbon and the new sound system improved the in game experience a lot. 

I'd just love to hear the HOT come in a little louder. I know Ray Jay isn't built with acoustics for live performance in mind, but the USF game day experience could be improved if the HOT was mic'd.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

I'd love to see HOT expand their repertoire of music between plays.  One thing that bugs me, for instance, is them playing the piece (not sure of the name, but it ends with them saying "Ole'") that should be reserved for a sack or great defensive play after the opponent rattles off a big play.

Also, is there not a way they can play a short, fanfare other than the fight song after a touchdown so that don't have to go to pianissimo during an extra point?