• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What's this about? Troy Baxter?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Who was behind the Masiello hire??  Who hired Antigua? Need to wait out the whole big 12 issue.  Then everything should be settled.  Harlan sure better hope they get into the big 12 or else he is gone too!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, 86atlbull said:

I would not be surprised if Murry Bartow ends up coaching the team this season as it may be part of Harlan's plan.  Who knows what is going on behind the scenes  http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=211126892 

If you remember before last season Harlan brought in Tomey to be an assistant (another former head coach). He was brought in because of his experience, but some people thought it was a plan B in case Taggart couldn't turn it around. This looks similar.

Edited by ToroDeFuego

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

30 minutes ago, Gobulls90 said:

Yes, but you have to take into consideration I was inebriated as well. It was difficult to tell if it was factual or a strong opinion based on his inside information at the time.

so what did he say?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

So Harlan has had his hand in hiring many coaches, namely baseball, on the campus. We are exceeding expectations in just about every sport save MBB and VBall. I think i'll give him a pass on COA if it turns out poorly. That being said, I'm a little irritated that I had just ponied up for my season tickets again b4 this has come out. I hope they through STHs a bone this season.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

You tried to tell us all how great of a hire this was. Should have kept Heath another year.

We had dinner with our former AD this week and he mentioned that had Heath stayed we would have had 4 or 5 guys that ended up starting or playing for other D1 teams.  Ga Tech, Texas A&M, Gators and Virginia.  The 5th went to a smaller school that I can't remember right now.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

9 hours ago, Vega said:

Antigua is done. The best thing USF can do now is terminate his contract. They don't have the bodies or the quality athletes to be able to compete at this point. A 20 loss season is likely. Antigua isn't having any success  attracting good talent to come in for 2017-18 season so combine that with what's to be expected

a long season, why delay any longer. USF is at the point where they just have to step up and get a HC with a good name so he can do proper damage control and bring future hope. Harlan go raise some more money.

Is it true we're coming off our worst fund raising year ever?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

So we still don't know why Baxter was released from his NLI?  Did he ask for it?  Any more drunken source info here?

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, NCBull said:

So we still don't know why Baxter was released from his NLI?  Did he ask for it?  Any more drunken source info here?

That's a good question.  However, I imagine the news would have broke differently if the decision was USF's.  It is rare that a player is straight released of their NLI and my opinion is that this a very bad sign when looking at the whole picture.  However, as Apis noted, we don't know all the facts yet.  The fact that the tweet I saw came from JK gives me pause that perhaps there is more to the story in favor of USF.    

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Bibby made it to Fanfest, that's a good sign...

Is that the whole team there?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

53 minutes ago, Brad said:

Is that the whole team there?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXF9XQwQcpNFqfL-_hRBD LOL, better days ahead...at some point...