• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

I thought it was stay frosty.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

I agree that, as a fan site, the trend tends to be toward those with a fanatically positive view of the program.  Still, that doesn't mean the criticism is unwarranted, but there those that embrace the role of contrarian and those who just feel that they have to post something to post something.  This is very similar to what my dog does to trees when we take a walk, as there are those who can't resist lifting their leg on each and every thread.... even if there is nothing really left to add.  You can always skip those and move on to posts that contribute.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

So "Embrace the expectations" is kind of like "Demand excellence" ....

I don't know why Anyone would NOT Expect and Demand excellence from a University of Higher Learning? Esp one that wants to run with the Big Boys.  If you want to be part of the club You need to act like part of that club.  By not Demanding/ expecting excellence is nothing more than settling.

Edited by Dhambuc
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I would say that this School and it's Athletic department have done some good things of late. The Football team particularly had a good year last year. The Football team is poised to have a great year this year. Knowing full well that if they have a great year, they could propel this University into a Power Conference is in fact something to be excited about. Something to cheer and root for. I will not frown upon of diminish anyone's hopes and good spirits headed into this season. I will support it and like many hope for the best. I will also hope that whatever the team/school does this year, is enough to garner that promotion.

Will I be here if the Team/School falls short, yes I will. Would I be disheartened, yes for as long as it takes me to finish my draft beer. Then I'll be cheering on next year. 19 of our 22 starters this year are projected to return next year. Face it, we're in for several years of growth and success.

I'm officially on the Bug! Go Bulls! Go USF! :GoBulls: :icon_drink:

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
10 minutes ago, Dhambuc said:

I don't know why Anyone would NOT Expect and Demand excellence from a University of Higher Learning? Esp one that wants to run with the Big Boys.  If you want to be part of the club You need to act like part of that club.  By not Demanding/ expecting excellence is nothing more than settling.

I've said this many times. But I guess someone forgot to say USF was actually located in voodoo country. How dare we embrace the projected standard for the season!

In the world of sports, those who don't embrace the expectations set for them usually fail...and fail pretty bad. Shy away from them if you want and someone or team will jump up and snatch it form it.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Excellence . . . we must . . . demand more. :FIREdevil:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

So "Embrace the expectations" is kind of like "Demand excellence" ....

57 minutes ago, Dhambuc said:

The next person to explain exactly what the hell "demand excellence" or even "embrace the expectations" actually entails from a fan perspective, will be the first ...

• Downvote 1

Guest PCBull14
29 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The next person to explain exactly what the hell "demand excellence" or even "embrace the expectations" actually entails from a fan perspective, will be the first ...

Look around this board. 90% of post are about people worried because we are expected to do well.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Look around this board. 90% of post are about people worried because we are expected to do well.

Check your USF football history, you'll gain valuable insight into this psychological phenomenon.

Guest PCBull14
2 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Check your USF football history, you'll gain valuable insight into this psychological phenomenon.

I know my USF football history pretty well. Still don't understand that logic. But I guess people choose to live in the past. Not how I live my life. I don't look behind me and thank god CWT doesn't either.

Edited by PCBull14