• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Darnell Soloman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Very few receivers really dominate in their true Freshman season. It is not just about physical skills. It is about learning to get off the line, getting open, etc. 

He may make a contribution, but I don't expect him to be an important part of the offense until at least next season. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, WWMJD said:

Yeah, but that was Nate Allen. Assuming that Salomon is on the same level as him is a pretty huge leap.

Nate Allen was not always "Nate Allen". He was originally just a 2 star QB/Ath out of Cape Coral. If a kid is ready to contribute a good coach will find a place for him to contribute.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

MVS has a year playing at NC State, so he's certainly ahead of the true freshmen, in terms of college experience.

Yeah, but in that time he did nothing of consequence, and ended up washing out... not exactly the experience you want from the guy you are counting on as your starting wideout. I just think it remains to be seen. 

3 hours ago, SANJAY said:

Nate Allen was not always "Nate Allen". He was originally just a 2 star QB/Ath out of Cape Coral. If a kid is ready to contribute a good coach will find a place for him to contribute.

You and I agree on your last point. 

3 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

It's WAY too premature, but I'm saying this in general.

If you think a guy has true NFL experience, why RS him?  If he's a true stud, he likely leaves after 3 years...so why not play him 3 years?

We shall see.  If Taggart keeps bringing in stud WRs, you don't feel pressed to RS.

Sure, if Taggart thinks he's got NFL-level ability, he'll play him. But that assumes an awful lot. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, SANJAY said:

I think Salomon will be one of those guys who gets momentum as the season goes.  While I in know way think he'll lead in receptions or be close to it.  I can see him as a guy who breaks open a close game with a big play.  I see him as a guy who will show flashes of what's to come.  I think Taggart is grooming him like he did the others. 

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

If you can make the a coaching staff run off on a plug in more than one occasion.... You're a good player. 

I'd like to see Solomen play as frosh. 

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Calibull said:

I think the offense will go as far as the Oline.  I think the starting Oline will likely be better than nit was last season.  Kofi, Hall, Ruff, Threatt, Atterbury will be a formidable line.  It will certainly be the biggest we've had in school history averaging 316 pounds.  That tells you Taggart is going to still run a lot.  I look at Mack, Flowers, Johnson, Tice, and Sands as the most complete backfield we've had.  I look for the rushing numbers to go up.  The only thing that can slow this group will be injuries along the oline, which I honestly don't anticipate given the conditions and the majority of our games are on grass.  The oline is also the least injured position on offense.  If that holds true, we are going to have a next level running game.  I injuries... we'll have to see.  

I appreciate the time you took to write such a large assessment of the team.  I agree in many areas, but can't agree on the Oline.  Didn't we have (3) seniors last year?  Experience trumps weight any day.

Guest PCBull14
36 minutes ago, PingBull said:

I appreciate the time you took to write such a large assessment of the team.  I agree in many areas, but can't agree on the Oline.  Didn't we have (3) seniors last year?  Experience trumps weight any day.

I've seen senior filled lines that sucked. We shalt all see, I'm not worried about it.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

19 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

How did we snag him, he isn't even local.  Anyone know who had the connection & recruited him?  I know we are USF and all, but just curious :)