• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some of you people

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

9 hours ago, BullsandBills95 said:

.... really should be ashamed of yourselves and the way you have dragged others through the mud on here. I have been a casual reader of this board, and to see some of the things that I have seen written about the people who cover the football program is downright ugly. I felt that as a fellow Bull, I needed to speak up.

So many of you have jumped to conclusions on things regarding USF's screw up in that letter to the Big 12, even going as far as blaming the REPORTER for even putting it out. I met and talked to Joey Knight last year one of the practices that were open to the public and I can tell you that he really seemed like a nice guy. He even took the time to answer my questions. Where some of you think that he is out to "get" USF or whatever your idiotic opinions are I have no idea. From what he said on Twitter this morning, he NEVER received a "Draft" like some of you have theorized. He said he requested the information and THE SCHOOL gave him what they were set to SEND to the Big 12. From what I've read on his timeline, he didn't even see the error until someone pointed it out. He was simply posting the information and when the misspelling started spreading like wild fire, that's when USF sent him a BRAND NEW corrected document.

In all seriousness, you all should be thanking him for even posting it, WHICH WAS HIS JOB TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE. and really, If some UCF fan from Disneyland didn't catch the misspelling, that document WOULD HAVE BEEN SENT TO THE BIG 12 WITH THE ERROR.

This is all  USF's fault, and quite frankly the way I've heard they treat the media, they deserve to get it thrown back in their face. Some of you should really think before you post and stop drooling all over your keyboards. Maybe instead of spreading hate about THE ONLY MEDIA OUTLET IN THE WORLD THAT ACTUALLY PROVIDES USF COVERAGE direct your anger toward the athletic communications department and whoeever is leading the charge there.

Were you a casual reader before you joined 9 hours ago?  I mean legit question. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

There's no chance of expecting a person that catches a typo to inform the writer as opposed to using it to embarass them, and passing it on to other chuckleheads to do the same?  Poor form.  But he's probably just a nice guy with shortcomings in judgment. 

Not sure who you think you're referring to there but, although it's been mentioned several times in this thread (by other Bulls fans) but lost amongst all the butt hurt, all JK did initially was post part of the first page of the presentation that had the title to show that there was such an animal:

BREAKING: #USF has prepared promotional material, including case statement (here's 1st page) and video to Big 12.

Cp_3t-8WcAMp3_O.jpg

20 minutes later, ******** Extraordinaire posted this:

Maybe Big 12 won't dock for spelling errors: USF promotional info to Big 12 touts “reasearch” via @TBTimes_Bulls

10 minutes after that, Toad weighs in:

Bigg 12 here they come!

Unless you're stupid silly and think that JK posted knowing the typo was there and did it for nefarious reasons, the real culprit in all this is our favorite BM .... unless of course you're one of those that think the typist, Harlan, Judy should all be fired for such an egregious error.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Mark Harlan's Itinerary:

9am - Reads the funnies

10am - Joins Orlando Antigua's practice so the team has a full 10 to scrimmage with

11am - Rules out Elaine Benes, who is a finalist for the newly created role of Athletic Department Editor In Chief, when he cannot get in touch with a J. Peterman or the HR department at Pendant Publishing for references

12pm - Eats lunch he thinks is still prepared by his mother but is secretly a PB&J made by the Publix Deli - cut corner to corner so he doesn't have to eat the crust

1pm - Recieves call from Big12 adminstrative offices wanting to know if he meant to include a copy of "The Art of the Deal" and a crisp $100 in the USF promotional package

2pm - Subtweets Joey Knight using the user ID "TheMarkKnightRises"

3pm - Reorginizes USF's trophy case to make room for the Bahamas Bowl trophy that eludes him

4pm - Gets prank phone call from Skip Holtz pretending to be Big 10 commissioner Jim Delaney advising him that USF has been invited to the Big 10 but as a cricket-only member. Immediately notifies Mike Aresco of USF's departure from the AAC.

5pm - Leaves early enough to take advantage of Mon's 2-for-1drink specials

3580909-1782740004-refer.jpg

Mons does not allow drinking. Repeat. No drinking at Mons.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Dp 

rJk7V8

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Mark Harlan's Itinerary:

9am - Reads the funnies

10am - Joins Orlando Antigua's practice so the team has a full 10 to scrimmage with

11am - Rules out Elaine Benes, who is a finalist for the newly created role of Athletic Department Editor In Chief, when he cannot get in touch with a J. Peterman or the HR department at Pendant Publishing for references

12pm - Eats lunch he thinks is still prepared by his mother but is secretly a PB&J made by the Publix Deli - cut corner to corner so he doesn't have to eat the crust

1pm - Recieves call from Big12 adminstrative offices wanting to know if he meant to include a copy of "The Art of the Deal" and a crisp $100 in the USF promotional package

3pm - Reorginizes USF's trophy case to make room for the Bahamas Bowl trophy that eludes him

4pm - Gets prank phone call from Skip Holtz pretending to be Big 10 commissioner Jim Delaney advising him that USF has been invited to the Big 10 but as a cricket-only member. Immediately notifies Mike Aresco of USF's departure from the AAC.

Funny...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

3 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Mark Harlan's Itinerary:

9am - Reads the funnies

Awesome.  HOF material.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, BullsandBills95 said:

I'm glad to be here. Been reading here for years and following Brad on Twitter and thought I would join. When you think about it, Apis, what positives have there been to write about? I wasn't a fan of the column either but for the last three months there havent been many positives to write about USF. If we can't get into the Big 12, it will be our own fault. People who use the media as a scapegoat are no better than the dolts that nominated Trump.

EDIT: Mentioning Knight, I saw someone that claimed him and MF would get caught in an airport bathroom. That's disgusting. As far as I know both have families. For someone to say that is not what we should stand for. They're doing their jobs.

Would you prefer it was a bus station bathroom?  I'm not saying I stand for it, just saying they do - would you sit in an airport bathroom?  

If you can't take a poor low brow joke, you should probably never look on the interweb again.  Anything we say on here is the equivalent of talking about someone's mom.  

No one really wishes ill on him or anyone else, well most don't as I saw someone who wished AIDS upon McMurphy.

oh and ... Yo momma's so fat, that when she fell, no one was laughing but the ground was cracking up.

good night joey

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Depends on what you are drinking ;)

n61an.jpg

Edited by deters-

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

This thread...wow. A modicum of light-heartedness would help OP understand. When Bulls fans want to vent (dramatically), this is where it goes. Similar to a family, the things said behind these walls are not representative of how much tact we'd have in person. Also as with a family, there's always an exception or three to that statement.

• Upvote 2