• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stability at quarterback a rare spring treat for USF

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, smazza said:

dumb!

qf isnt that good to be "our guy"

Further proof that QF is "our guy" ...

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Further proof that QF is "our guy" ...

That's actually the best argument yet in any of the threads devoted to this question.

5 hours ago, JTrue said:

That's actually the best argument yet in any of the threads devoted to this question.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/60/84/a8/6084a8ea90d4970c07589e3876e1a05e.jpg

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

On 3/17/2016 at 8:04 PM, BullsFanInTX said:

Not really, because all Flowers had to do was show that he could beat out a lifetime 50% passer in Mike White who never threw for more than 7 or 8 TD's in a year and couldn't rush his way out of a paper bag.

On 3/17/2016 at 11:09 PM, Triple B said:

On field performance is the only metric when you're coming off a season that QF had and none of your competition has taken a snap at qb in a college football game ...

Again not that I am disagreeing w/QF having the nod or that on field performance weighs heavily into the decision, but using that logic QF performance in 2014 was atrocious and he would have never seen the field in 2015 if on field performance was the only metric.

The idealist in me thinks QF got the nods in 2015 bc CWT thought he gave the team the best shot to win. I think QF has earned the starting job and it's his to lose. Hopefully CWT puts the best QB that gives the Bulls the best shot at winning in 2016!

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Bull-Hornz said:

Again not that I am disagreeing w/QF having the nod or that on field performance weighs heavily into the decision, but using that logic QF performance in 2014 was atrocious and he would have never seen the field in 2015 if on field performance was the only metric.

I said on field performance is the only metric when you're coming off a season that QF had and none of your competition has taken a snap at qb in a college football game. Not sure why you're bringing up the qb situation entering the 2015 season ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

We don't have stability, we have a QB competition.  As it should be. Stability should arrive by Fall.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

I said on field performance is the only metric when you're coming off a season that QF had and none of your competition has taken a snap at qb in a college football game. Not sure why you're bringing up the qb situation entering the 2015 season ...

You have qualified the original statement which I pointed out as logically incorrect. Maybe you glossed over the original statement bc it agrees with your position, idk. I brought up 2015 in response to that original statement to show it cuts both ways.

Even w/the great season QF had, if there is a QB that gives us a better chance to win you put him in. I am not saying that AW is that person but if he is he should start.

Edited by Bull-Hornz
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

15 minutes ago, Bull-Hornz said:

if there is a QB that gives us a better chance to win you put him in.

End of discussion...

• Upvote 1

By the way there are notable flaws in QF's game at the QB position such being a consistent passer, vision of the field, and decision making in the option look. Even in this style of offense the threat and ability to execute passes is critical for the QB position if USF is to be a good team. 

I am ecstatic that we had a good season last year but in the grand scheme of things USF was a middle of the road team in 2015. If we want to be even a top 25 team the QB will have to be able to pass the ball consistently.

His legs bring a level of dynamic ability that rival some of the best QBs in USF history. This combined with his heart and drive to win is a great combination. If he can continue improving as a passer and football IQ, he could go down as the best QB @USF and could make a special run.

If he can't sure up his passing than maybe AW could be the QB to take USF to the next level but at this point no one knows. After last season QF has earned the right to show what he can do IMO. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

19 minutes ago, Bull-Hornz said:

You have qualified the original statement which I pointed out as logically incorrect. Maybe you glossed over the original statement bc it agrees with your position, idk. I brought up 2015 in response to that original statement to show it cuts both ways.

Even w/the great season QF had, if there is a QB that gives us a better chance to win you put him in. I am not saying that AW is that person but if he is he should start.

We can't know AW is better until he's done it in a game. But we can't let him in a game because its QF's position. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1