• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Change is Good

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Fewer losers coming around.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

18 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Correct GA.  This works very well for me.  I just think it's a bit odd that USFAA and USF Athletics did not send out a communication.  I knew it was going to happen based on an event at the Sun Dome on 10/22 that could not be moved.  It was in the works for a period of time.  So many jumped to massive conclusions.  Always assume positive intent.

Go Bulls!

Friend, 

I think there is a reason people overreacted. The last time you did something like this, it was related to the AD hiring, which was obviously a major deal. So when you send out a cryptic message, and everyone wants to hang onto the most positive  news possible, everyone was assuming "YEAH! We're going to the big 12!". I assumed as much initially, but after seeing that you were trying to tone down the excitement I kind of knew it was something else and let it go. 

Positive intent is great, but usually it's easier just to point out something such as a scheduling change. 

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Correct GA.  This works very well for me.  I just think it's a bit odd that USFAA and USF Athletics did not send out a communication.  I knew it was going to happen based on an event at the Sun Dome on 10/22 that could not be moved.  It was in the works for a period of time.  So many jumped to massive conclusions.  Always assume positive intent.

Go Bulls!

What's at the Sun Dome on 10/22 that can't be moved? 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Not sure Dan.

You're right.  All news can't shake the world.  This did not, but it's a change.  As for joining the B12.  That would be great!  It's where we belong from an academic standpoint and

athletics.  We need a few things (IMO).  We need to continue to drive APR (this is way bigger than people think).  Academics at USF are much improved under Genshaft's leadership.  I know I couldn't get back into USF today (that's a good thing).  As much as people hate UCF my hope is they do great things as we are a FL package deal.  I hope they get better and the rivalry stays hot, and we beat them at everything.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:47 AM, Bausfkid said:

You have waited long enough.  For all who jumped to the worst case scenario, shame on you.  If I can give you one of life's great lessons, "always assume positive intent".

Homecoming is being moved one week earlier vs. ECU.  Great for me as I can now attend (Change is Good)! The announcement will go into details, but that's it.

Go Bulls!

:angrymob:

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

55 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Not sure Dan.

You're right.  All news can't shake the world.  This did not, but it's a change.  As for joining the B12.  That would be great!  It's where we belong from an academic standpoint and

athletics.  We need a few things (IMO).  We need to continue to drive APR (this is way bigger than people think).  Academics at USF are much improved under Genshaft's leadership.  I know I couldn't get back into USF today (that's a good thing).  As much as people hate UCF my hope is they do great things as we are a FL package deal.  I hope they get better and the rivalry stays hot, and we beat them at everything.

Go Bulls!

I couldn't get admitted now either, and that's not a bad thing. Our alumni are doing big things.

Here's an interesting one, no matter your political affiliation. There's a gentleman by the name of Omar Khan, who was USF's first Muslim student body president. Omar Khan went on to be a key staffer for Nancy Pelosi, and because of his work with her he became the first Muslim campaign manager for Charlie Crist when Crist ran for governor as a Democrat. Whether or not you feel Crist should have won, imagine the power we would have had with a former USF student body president whispering in the ear of the Governor of the State of Florida-nothing UF or FSU could do would have changed that.

I saw him at the Maryland game last year and asked him what he was up to these days-he's helping implement the TPP. Regardless of people's views on the TPP, there's no doubt that this is an incredible thing for a USF alumni to be doing. 

The only thing I'll say now is this-if people want to have a great university athletics program, and they want USF to be in the big 12-then we need to make the monetary investments. That can't all come from USF-people have to give donations and show that the donor pool is there to make the improvements necessary to be in the Big 12. 

I hope UCF gets back to prominence too. I remember the mid 2000 games and how remarkably well they were attended. The big 12 will take notice if a G5 rivalry is putting 50k-60k in the stands. I just want them to keep losing to us every year :). 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Well said 426!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  262
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

I couldn't get admitted now either, and that's not a bad thing. Our alumni are doing big things.

Here's an interesting one, no matter your political affiliation. There's a gentleman by the name of Omar Khan, who was USF's first Muslim student body president. Omar Khan went on to be a key staffer for Nancy Pelosi, and because of his work with her he became the first Muslim campaign manager for Charlie Crist when Crist ran for governor as a Democrat. Whether or not you feel Crist should have won, imagine the power we would have had with a former USF student body president whispering in the ear of the Governor of the State of Florida-nothing UF or FSU could do would have changed that.

I saw him at the Maryland game last year and asked him what he was up to these days-he's helping implement the TPP. Regardless of people's views on the TPP, there's no doubt that this is an incredible thing for a USF alumni to be doing. 

The only thing I'll say now is this-if people want to have a great university athletics program, and they want USF to be in the big 12-then we need to make the monetary investments. That can't all come from USF-people have to give donations and show that the donor pool is there to make the improvements necessary to be in the Big 12. 

I hope UCF gets back to prominence too. I remember the mid 2000 games and how remarkably well they were attended. The big 12 will take notice if a G5 rivalry is putting 50k-60k in the stands. I just want them to keep losing to us every year :). 

I think part of the reason the mid 2000s games had great attendance was they were in September.  Being on the same weekend as FSU-UF is a tough sell, especially on Thanksgiving.  I'm glad they've made the right move and made it on Saturday at least this year.  

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

15 minutes ago, BullsBoltsJagsRays said:

I think part of the reason the mid 2000s games had great attendance was they were in September.  Being on the same weekend as FSU-UF is a tough sell, especially on Thanksgiving.  I'm glad they've made the right move and made it on Saturday at least this year.  

Not sure the date of the game is as much to blame as the teams records when the game is being played.  When we were winning our fans showed up regardless of who we were playing, UCF fans also made the trek.  The last few seasons (before last year)we were bad and our attendance dropped.  UCF still brought a lot of fans to the last game played here in Tampa.  Last years game the attendance was down due to UCF being winless.  (their fans didn't show like they usually do when they play us) (don't blame them giving their season) We took a decent number to Orlando though.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

After thorough consideration, I concur with the OP. As it happens, I do feel a slight bit cleaner if not "Better" when I change my shorts. Thus I concur, "Change is good!" :icon_drink: