• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Win / KEEP ANTIGUA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, NCBull said:

Somewhat ironically, the optimist has neglected to take into account...the Bull Shark.  Known to reside in freshwater rivers and lakes.

What about the land shark?

643cc9d57c12276ca616f7251a04247b.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Changing coaches now would be dumber than getting rid of Heath was and that was pretty dumb. 

Just about every broadcast, the announcers make the point that the best players on the team aren't able to play this year. Harlan knows basketball.  He sees it everday and understands what/who he has coming back and coming in. 

If Judy or whoever was calling the shots when they got rid of Heath would have had a little foresight and patience, we probably would be having our best year ever this year and a solid foundation for sustained success would have been in place. At least we would not have been perennial bottom feeders. 

There appears to be young talent on roster or coming. I haven't seen many games where we have been outcoached that led to a loss. When we are losing by 15 to 20 points a night that is a talent/experience issue. 

Before making an assessment let's see what a team made of a full roster of guys that he brings in can do. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1 hour ago, usfgrad84 said:

Changing coaches now would be dumber than getting rid of Heath was and that was pretty dumb.

Just about every broadcast, the announcers make the point that the best players on the team aren't able to play this year. Harlan knows basketball.  He sees it everday and understands what/who he has coming back and coming in.

If Judy or whoever was calling the shots when they got rid of Heath would have had a little foresight and patience, we probably would be having our best year ever this year and a solid foundation for sustained success would have been in place. At least we would not have been perennial bottom feeders.

There appears to be young talent on roster or coming. I haven't seen many games where we have been outcoached that led to a loss. When we are losing by 15 to 20 points a night that is a talent/experience issue.

Before making an assessment let's see what a team made of a full roster of guys that he brings in can do.

No room for this kind of rational posting regarding USF MBB. Be gone, sir. :D

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Thanks for bringing balance back to the force, Sell. Now there's a place for haters & supporters to deposit their emotions through the remainder of the season. Well done, sir.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

4 hours ago, JTrue said:

What about the land shark?

643cc9d57c12276ca616f7251a04247b.jpg

Well, obviously he's always a concern; but pay attention.  The scenario was in a lake.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

2 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

No room for this kind of rational posting regarding USF MBB. Be gone, sir. :D

its ok...been kicked out of better places.  won't be the last time.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

7 hours ago, NCBull said:

Somewhat ironically, the optimist has neglected to take into account...the Bull Shark.  Known to reside in freshwater rivers and lakes.

Actually, the Bull Shark has been known to swim up "Estuaries" and bite victims as it can survive in either fresh or salt water. The problem with this is that my OP specifically stated lakes. Lakes are 98% of the time fresh water and are not linked to the open ocean except by rivers and streams too narrow and shallow for Bull Sharks to navigate. Now I know you may report the incident where a boy was attacked in Lake Pontchartrain but Lake Pontchartrain isn't strictly a lake — it's an estuary, a coastal body of brackish water connected by rivers or streams to the open ocean. The lake is connected to the Rigolets strait and Chef Menteur Pass to Lake Borgne, which opens into the Gulf of Mexico, (Lakes aren't usually directly connected to the open ocean). Thus by definition it doesn't qualify for my situation in the OP. Nice try though.

Here's the link to the article. http://www.livescience.com/47364-shark-attack-louisiana-lake.html

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Actually, the Bull Shark has been known to swim up "Estuaries" and bite victims as it can survive in either fresh or salt water. The problem with this is that my OP specifically stated lakes. lakes are 98% of the time fresh water and are not linked to the open ocean except by rivers and streams too narrow and shallow for Bull Sharks to navigate. Now I know you may report the incident where a boy was attacked in Lake Pontchartrain but isn't strictly a lake — it's an estuary, a coastal body of brackish water connected by rivers or streams to the open ocean. The lake is connected to the Rigolets strait and Chef Menteur Pass to Lake Borgne, which opens into the Gulf of Mexico. Thus by definition it doesn't qualify for my situation in the OP. Nice try though.

Here's the link to the article. http://www.livescience.com/47364-shark-attack-louisiana-lake.html

Oh for the love of... thicken that skin, brother.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

13 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Oh for the love of... thicken that skin, brother.

Excuse me? He picked at my post attempting to correct it with an error. I'm sorry I'll go sit with the UCF crowd since we're dumbing down the board. :facepalm:

th.jpg

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 1