• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Need technical help

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

This just doesn't seem to be correcting itself so here is a plea for help.  Every time I log out and then log in again or try to log in from a different device I have to ask for a new password.  I try using Bourbon Bull and CousinRicky as the User Name along with my password.  Nothing, zilch, nada.  Have to reset it each and every time.  

Does any one have any suggestions or any way to fix this.  I'm pretty close to crazy already and this brings me that much closer each time it happens.  

Thanks in advance to any one that can help.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Why do you physically log out?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

24 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Why do you physically log out?

Agreed.  I never log out, so the 2 or 3 devices I use to connect to TBP (my phone, laptop and work desktop) usually let me in anytime.  I usually only have to log in if I'm accessing from a device that I haven't used in a long time or ever.  I think the website cookies help with the main devices I use.

There's really no reason to ever log out of the site, imo.   

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Login should be done with your display name "Bourbon Bull".   Like the rest, I never log out and hence don't experience the same issues.

Is anyone else having to request a new password?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

For about a month after the last big update I had to log in almost every time if I was viewing on a different device(ie work computer to lap top would require a log in). Each time I would log in to the top right corner and then be redirected telling me I miss entered my password or what not, from there if I just ignored that page and clicked on the banner I was logged in. Sounds like this may be the same thing that you're going through, shouldn't have to keep resetting the password just try signing in once and then clicking on the banner and you should be good.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

5 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

For about a month after the last big update I had to log in almost every time if I was viewing on a different device(ie work computer to lap top would require a log in). Each time I would log in to the top right corner and then be redirected telling me I miss entered my password or what not, from there if I just ignored that page and clicked on the banner I was logged in. Sounds like this may be the same thing that you're going through, shouldn't have to keep resetting the password just try signing in once and then clicking on the banner and you should be good.

I also remember something like this happening before.  Hasnt been a problem lately for me though.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I have just changed my password and then experienced an issue.  I have requested some support on this issue.  I don't think Bourbon is alone on this one.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

42 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

This worked.  Thanks 206

I don't log myself out on my desktop but somehow I get logged out occasionally.  Don't know if it is after updates to software???  Anyway, 206's solution worked.

Edited by Bourbon Bull

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

This happens to me as well. I just ignore it, as has been mentioned, and I find that I am indeed logged in. Could be a caching issue. 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

2 hours ago, Raetus said:

This happens to me as well. I just ignore it, as has been mentioned, and I find that I am indeed logged in. Could be a caching issue. 

Yeah, happens on occasion to me. Like others said, I just ignore it and click a thread and then it shows I'm logged in