• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woodie To Defensive Coordinator; Allen To Accept Position At Another Institution

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

54 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

I'm ok staying in-house. I'm more surprised how quick the promotion came; almost as if they expected CTA to leave and knew exactly what their move was going to be. I like Woodie a lot and the players seem to love him so let's see what he can do with the groundwork already laid. My only fear is he followed CWT to USF; so if CWT leaves for another program does he follow him again? 

I can't shake this feeling that this will perpetually be our ceiling because of the lack of continuity in staffs. We have a positive year, someone gets snatched up and then we don't meet expectations because of it. I BULLieve though! Too much talent on this team and in the area to think otherwise!

If Taggart ends up leaving for another program what Woodie does is the least of our problems at that point.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

Our commits are already tweeting about it...in a worried way. I expect a few decommits in the next few days. Recruiting will definitely be down this year but we do have all of the transfers coming in.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Good luck getting the athletes and players to Indiana to play with Ohio State, Michigan State, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, etc. I get he's going home, but I think it probably hurts his career trajectory vs. staying here a little longer.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Too bad those Indiana wussies canceled the deal to play us.  Would have been fun beating the HoosierSharks.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

15 minutes ago, USFbulls24 said:

If Taggart ends up leaving for another program what Woodie does is the least of our problems at that point.

If only the football gods would present us such a gift in life.

Not going to lie - this one defection definitely hurts from an X's and O's perspective. Now we have two recruiters running the show - but does anyone understand the X's and O's during crunch time? I think it's a poor decision on Allen's part - but maybe the writing was on the wall with the Auburn chase and the patience Taggart had for Allen. The loss to WKU really hurt Allen IMO (in the what have you done society we exist in now). Allen was one good year away from writing himself into a DC spot at a legitimate P5 school - not a bottom feeder like IU (although I can appreciate the love for his alma mater - hard to hate on that). Hopefully Woodie has a 10-lb brain to go with his great sales skills. If he does, we're in great shape on D with our returning talent. If not, people better pray either Flowers or Woulard can score points at a furious pace while on the field. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

A quick look up tells me the average human brain weighs about 3 lbs. Your expectations seem a little high.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

I hope they are paying Tom Allen a boat load of money, because Indiana is where football careers go to die.

Every conference needs its whipping boy, and Indiana fills that role for the Big Ten.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Thanks for clarifying Brad. Three pound brain is too close to three dollar bill which reminds me of that gay sport soccer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I don't think Allen was the great of an in game coordinator.  He was a good motivator and brought a great system, which we will continue to run, but the biggest improvement in our defense this year was our offense.  I mean we gave up a ton of yards and played inconsistent at times.  Sounds weird right?  We only had the 53rd defense and I think we'll get better because the guys know the system now.  I think we'll be better off in the long run and it appears Allen had one foot out the door from the time he arrived.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Perhaps Allen saw this as a faster track to a head coaching position because IU being his alma mater.

We'll be fine.