• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Roddy Peters out indefinitely

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Oh well. He was underperforming anyway. I hope this will set off an alarm and these boys will step up. So far we have a bunch of I's and no team. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Oh well. He was underperforming anyway. I hope this will set off an alarm and these boys will step up. So far we have a bunch of I's and no team.

Agreed on being underwhelmed with Peters' performance pre-fracture, but it sounds like Peters had been playing with some back issues prior to the foot fracture. I wish the kid a speedy recovery.

Edited by Paisa el Toro
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Which is the sad part in this. It takes time to build a cohesive unit, and it sucks he won't get that camaraderie on the court now. I agree we need our best guys out there getting each other's backs and learning to predict each other. This definitely sucks.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

No ill will to him, but he might have been doing more harm than good. He may need some time to heal right.

this team doesn't communicate well, and they aren't playing team ball. The need to develop chemistry and trust each other.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

Which is the sad part in this. It takes time to build a cohesive unit, and it sucks he won't get that camaraderie on the court now. I agree we need our best guys out there getting each other's backs and learning to predict each other. This definitely sucks.

Wasn't he practicing with the team all of last year?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Wasn't he practicing with the team all of last year?

miBihlXjf5y0eO-Np6kHH8g.jpg

Just messing around, I couldn't resist that AI quote though. But I do think that gametime is where you really find out what guys are made of. That higher-pressure situation makes or breaks what you learn in practice.

Edited by raptorcj
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

The AI quote was a must, and I feel super bad about this injury. Our group can't catch a break. 

Best case scenario, Morillo can find his shot. 

Most likely scenario, we play with lineups and try to find a recipe. 

I know Antigua wanted to put together that fast tempo team that will allow kids to make plays and draw in interest because of that style. It pains me to say that right now it seems putting Perry and Cousins and Guerrero in the post and trying to let them work might be our best bet for wins. My question to the coaching staff would be: Are wins now the priority or is the priority to create the system kids are drawn to and trying to reinforce that type of culture? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

You know **** well it's not bad luck ...

http://homesmsp.typepad.com/.a/6a00e550bbaeb38834014e8a1291c6970d-500wi

Well, that pretty much sums up USF mens basketball.......................................................