• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2016 Football Season Ticket Deposit

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

I think I'm holding off on season tickets until however many years in the future sees an OCS. With how often I end up traveling out of the country during CFB season, it just doesn't make sense to have season tickets to Raymond James Stadium where I'm no going to use them half of the time. I already have season tickets for two other sports teams that are mostly just given away, but both of those teams have stadiums that pre-date our entire university. I do have to say that both of those teams give plenty of perks to out-of-towners and travels that make it worth keeping the season tickets, as well. From what I see, USF doesn't seem to offer similar benefits.

I'd more than love to hear from any out-of-town season ticket holders who find it worthwhile and the reasoning behind it -- I'd be more than happy to be convinced to pick up a pair instead of purchasing a ticket whenever I'm in town.

What kind of perks do other universities give for out of towners?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

What kind of perks do other universities give for out of towners?

Only one of them is a university -- the other is a professional sports team. I have the option, though, to trade-in any ticket that I can't use for the organization to resell/give-a-way and accrue points for doing so which can be used for priority access to non-season ticket events/games (home, away, neutral site) and/or redeemed to get away tickets in lieu of buying them. I also can gift the entire season to a friend/relative and make modifications to it at anytime.

Also, I can trade them in for tickets to other university sports games/matches on a ticket-by-ticket basis. So let's say I can't make a football game, but I can make a basketball game. If there is a ticket available for basketball, no problem; just a phone call and points are removed from my account and I have a basketball ticket.

Both of these teams don't have any problem selling out home games, though, so I imagine that's why they have this luxury. From what I've seen, no one that I've spoken to at USF has had knowledge of anything similar for USF football, but I recognize that I may just not have spoken to the right person.

Only one of them is a university -- the other is a professional sports team. I have the option, though, to trade-in any ticket that I can't use for the organization to resell/give-a-way and accrue points for doing so which can be used for priority access to non-season ticket events/games (home, away, neutral site) and/or redeemed to get away tickets in lieu of buying them. I also can gift the entire season to a friend/relative and make modifications to it at anytime.

Also, I can trade them in for tickets to other university sports games/matches on a ticket-by-ticket basis. So let's say I can't make a football game, but I can make a basketball game. If there is a ticket available for basketball, no problem; just a phone call and points are removed from my account and I have a basketball ticket.

Both of these teams don't have any problem selling out home games, though, so I imagine that's why they have this luxury. From what I've seen, no one that I've spoken to at USF has had knowledge of anything similar for USF football, but I recognize that I may just not have spoken to the right person.

Ah, got it. So it's probably used most by out of towners but it's something that all season tix holders can utilize on a game to game basis. Definitely some stuff there that would be nice to add here and maybe can be added down the line. Only things we have comparable here is the ability to Transfer your ticket to someone else or d/l into a pdf format and send to anybody you'd like. Also, on the Olympic sports season tix, you have the ability to redeem tickets for games you couldn't attend for future games but only on game day and in person.

One thing I'd like to see that should be an easy add is the ability to donate game tickets with a click of a button like I have with the Bucs and Bolts. All 3 use Ticketmaster ...

Ah, got it. So it's probably used most by out of towners but it's something that all season tix holders can utilize on a game to game basis. Definitely some stuff there that would be nice to add here and maybe can be added down the line. Only things we have comparable here is the ability to Transfer your ticket to someone else or d/l into a pdf format and send to anybody you'd like. Also, on the Olympic sports season tix, you have the ability to redeem tickets for games you couldn't attend for future games but only on game day and in person.

One thing I'd like to see that should be an easy add is the ability to donate game tickets with a click of a button like I have with the Bucs and Bolts. All 3 use Ticketmaster ...

The professional team actually has an entire package built for out of towners that includes access to the online video and radio live streams, which is a nice touch, which is what I have. I essentially have season tickets that hold my seats for when I'm there, but can watch every game online in HD or listen to the radio stream on my phone if I'm not able to make it. It's also cheaper than regular season tickets, as it doesn't come with all of the perks from local businesses. They also make it really easy to donate my tickets to local charities for games that I know I won't be able to attend, which I really like. Donating my ticket to a charity gives a member of their charity a ticket to the game and a complimentary team shirt to wear to the game.

After reading the opinions here on TBP...I'll wait until they build the OCS, since RJS doesn't give you a true  College Football experience!:rolleyes:

I don't think it's necessarily about the college football experience for me, personally. It's more of a cost and reward thing. While the other university season tickets I do have are certainly more of a traditional college football experience than the USF football experience gives, I don't know if it is necessarily more enjoyable. RJS has better seats, better sight lines, better parking, beer and liquor. It's a different experience, sure, but I'm not sure if it is inherently better or worse.

For me, I know that I can always get a pretty good seat at a USF game without season tickets and that RJS can up and change anything with little notice and the experience of my season tickets seats could, then, be vastly difference without USF even having a say in the matter OR USF could decide to build an OCS stadium and then the seats that I had chosen at RJS would be a completely different experience at the new stadium -- I just don't feel like I'm reserving anything long term with a season ticket at RJS. My other season tickets are for stadiums built in the 1800s and pre-WW2 1900s and are passed down from generation to generation -- if I gave them up, it could take until my great, grandchildren before the quality of these are available again.

So, for me, a USF owned stadium would be something pretty special as it would be me adding my alma mater to this collection of tickets that I can pass down when I assuredly die in the next 10 years or so. I'd be very interested in securing a seat for a USF-owned stadium whether it was on or off campus. The RJS experience is nice, but the red and pirate ship don't make it feel like USF, to me, and in the back of my mind is the nagging annoyance of knowing that my money isn't primarily going into USF's pockets as I spend money at the venue.

The professional team actually has an entire package built for out of towners that includes access to the online video and radio live streams, which is a nice touch, which is what I have. I essentially have season tickets that hold my seats for when I'm there, but can watch every game online in HD or listen to the radio stream on my phone if I'm not able to make it. It's also cheaper than regular season tickets, as it doesn't come with all of the perks from local businesses. They also make it really easy to donate my tickets to local charities for games that I know I won't be able to attend, which I really like. Donating my ticket to a charity gives a member of their charity a ticket to the game and a complimentary team shirt to wear to the game.

Pro teams are a different animal. That's a nice touch with the modified season ticket plan. Assume there is a certain time point that you have to let them know you won't be physically using the tix ...

Pro teams are a different animal. That's a nice touch with the modified season ticket plan. Assume there is a certain time point that you have to let them know you won't be physically using the tix ...

To donate to a charity, yes, but if you're just putting them up for sale or gifting to someone, it cuts off two hours before game time. The gift/sale part is all pretty easy to use, click, click, done. You have to call about the charity aspect as it involves more human intervention/organization.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

FSU changes the demand for Season tics, you will see a big uptick in season ticket sales. 

After eighteen years of participation, and missing only the Southern Miss loss home game, this is where I veer towards the exit ramp, thus freeing up section 234, row X, seats then through thirteen. Great seats, even the knuckleheads who sit behind us could be counted on to provide entertainment, even when there was none to be found on the field. 

The team turns it around, wins 5 of 6 home games, provides and entertaining product and NOW you have to bid adieu??  (Sorry to see you go, Wooly.)

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,745
  • Days Won:  3

The team turns it around, wins 5 of 6 home games, provides and entertaining product and NOW you have to bid adieu??  (Sorry to see you go, Wooly.)

Yeah, that's the standard Dean Robinson methodology. Looking back on it, our humble beginnings - just me and the frau tailgating - then the Bull Backers (seein' that thing develop!) , the road trips to South Carolina, Miami, etc. and the bowl games, it was a great experience. I'll still be there for the occasional game, but for most of the season, I'll be in front of the 70" LG Smart TV. I had hoped to make it to twenty years exactly, but things change. See y'all on Tee Vee! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1