• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mackenro Alexander, Auburn Transfer, DB 5'11 203

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

Did anybody catch this instagram post from D'Ernest Johnson yesterday? It was deleted after a couple hours

Would be a nice pick up if this happens. Mackenro transferred to JUCO this year and will be eligible in 2016. 

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/28/after-considering-usf-ex-auburn-db-mackenro-alexander-to-go-juco/

"The defensive back saw very little playing time after coming to Auburn as a three-star member of the Class of 2013.  He played in eight games as a true freshman, then none in 2014.

Originally verbally committed to Florida State, Alexander, rated as the No. 43 safety in the country, ultimately chose AU over his other finalists, Clemson and Mississippi State."

mackenro.jpg

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636

I wish he would have came here the first time around, but better late than never. 

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Don't hold your breath on this one... he already tried to transfer once and didn't make it. (Thread is on the board somewhere.) Hope this time is different.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Don't hold your breath on this one... he already tried to transfer once and didn't make it. (Thread is on the board somewhere.) Hope this time is different.

Here is a link to that thread.

http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/99269-mackenro-alexander-soph-db-xfer-from-auburn/#comment-1356883

Since then, he spent a year at JUCO and if he gets his AA degree there then there probably won't be a problem in him transferring. I presume that since he wanted to transfer  directly from AU to USF and didn't meet the criteria, then he has been advised properly as to what he needed at JUCO to do that.

I have no reason to doubt that the tweet by D'ernest is accurate and that we should expect him here in the summer and to be able to play for us immediately.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  390

I wonder why he isn't as talented as his brother. I'm assuming they workout and did everything together since they started playing football. This would be a nice pickup for us. Hopefully he can replace what Byrd did for us.

Edited by Bullgang

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

Here is a link to that thread.

http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/99269-mackenro-alexander-soph-db-xfer-from-auburn/#comment-1356883

Since then, he spent a year at JUCO and if he gets his AA degree there then there probably won't be a problem in him transferring. I presume that since he wanted to transfer  directly from AU to USF and didn't meet the criteria, then he has been advised properly as to what he needed at JUCO to do that.

I have no reason to doubt that the tweet by D'ernest is accurate and that we should expect him here in the summer and to be able to play for us immediately.

Waverly Austin didn't think there would be a problem, ether .... Hope this one works out.

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241

Looks like he's attempting to come in this Spring

1. Nick Gryniewicz ESPN Retweeted Ryan T. Smith

CRAZY good get for #USF. Thought Mackenro Alexander would go to #Bulls out of high school, but chose elsewhere.

Nick Gryniewicz ESPN added,

Ryan T. Smith @USFRyan
    Per reports, former Auburn & Immokalee safety Mackenro Alexander will be enrolling at USF in the spring. Was at NE Mississippi CC in 2015.
    0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

Per reports, former Auburn & Immokalee safety Mackenro Alexander will be enrolling at USF in the spring. Was at NE Mississippi CC in 2015.

0 retweets4 likes

Retweet

More

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17

I wonder why he isn't as talented as his brother. I'm assuming they workout and did everything together since they started playing football. This would be a nice pickup for us. Hopefully he can replace what Byrd did for us.

Seth Curry...Steph Curry, there's a million examples of brothers not being as talented as one another. It doesn't mean much. I'm guessing he'll have 2 years of eligibility and he has the size to take over Byrds position if he's good.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

January !!

Embedded image
1:20 PM - 9 Dec 2015
10 RETWEETS24 LIKES

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Seth Curry...Steph Curry, there's a million examples of brothers not being as talented as one another. It doesn't mean much. I'm guessing he'll have 2 years of eligibility and he has the size to take over Byrds position if he's good.

Look now farther than our our Cousins brother on the MBB.

• Upvote 1