• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Men's Basketball vs Troy Game Thread

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

What did I miss?  I was excited to come home to watch the game because all I have been hearing Since last season is how the talent at guard is going to be much improved. I come with about 7 minutes to go and I see Bodway jack up about 4 3 pointers in a row. That's our new offense? 

What happened to Peters?  Hurt?  Will this year be worse than the last 2? 

Just watching the last few minutes looks like no leadership on the floor, not a clue on defense and lazy play  

Didn't see most of the game,but what I did see looked a mess.

Supposedly he has a bad back.  They had a heating pad on him occasionally while on the bench.  I hope to God that this is the problem.  Otherwise we'll be wishing for AC back from wherever he went.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Not making any excuses for the defense. Just a thought, due to the amount of fouls called on us the defense was scared to death to get near a player for fear of being called  for a foul.

And having no Guerrero to eat some of those fouls didn't help ..... and I know Da Silva is ineligible this year but what's the deal with Santos? Not sure if he played in Spain at all but haven't seen anything about his unavailability  ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,078
  • Days Won:  2

They said Santos had knee surgery...we only dressed 7 scholarship players...wins are going to be far and few between unless we get healthy fast

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

How come it seems like we get an injury or 2 and we dress only 7 scholarship players. Other teams seem like they lose 5 or 6 guys to injury and they are playing with a full bench of schollie players. Seems to happen to us every year. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Not liking the coaching hire now. His last 27 games have only produced 4 wins. We fired Stan Heath for this?? Wow!! 

i like Antigua's energy, but I was a big Stan Heath fan. One of USF's Dumbest,  panic firing ever.  Set the program back 5 years. If Heath was still here we probably would have retained most of personnel that transferred out. Probably still would have lost Egbunu, but the rest would have been juniors or seniors. This would be at least a mid-level conference team. 

Seems like we are just beginning a rebuild now.  Could be another 2 years before we are out of conference cellar  

They said Santos had knee surgery...we only dressed 7 scholarship players...wins are going to be far and few between unless we get healthy fast

Totally missed the Santos thing. Any word about Guerrero?

How come it seems like we get an injury or 2 and we dress only 7 scholarship players. Other teams seem like they lose 5 or 6 guys to injury and they are playing with a full bench of schollie players. Seems to happen to us every year. 

That really is weird. A short bench, compared to the teams we were playing, has been USF basketball for as long as I can remember .... The first time I can recall a player redshirting for non injury reasons was Ziegler 2 years ago.