• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference Power Rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246
  • Days Won:  0

1. Houston 9-0 This team proved to me against Cincinnati that its not just about Greg Ward and Kenneth Farrow. This team has a fast athletic defense that can pick up the slack, if and when the offense has an off day.

2. Navy 7-1 Navy's win could easily propel 4 AAC teams into the top 25 this week. The Keenan Reynolds, Chris Swain duo looks unstoppable right now.

3. Temple 8-1 The difference between a sluggish Temple offense, and a good one? RB Jahad Thomas. He was out in the first half vs SMU, but when he came in, this team looked completely different (as in much better). The same can be said when he was banged up vs Notre Dame.

4. Memphis 8-1 Memphis was never thought to be a good defensive team, but they aren't built to stop the run with their two NFL hopefuls on defense being in the secondary in SS Reggis Ball, and CB Dontrell Nelson. Their chances at the conference title are not lost, but will now be rooting for Houston to beat Navy.

5. Cincinnati 5-4 OSU isn't the only Ohio team playing with a QB controversy. Gunner Kiel and Hayden Moore must be giving coach Tommy Tuberville headaches playing with such potential, but inconsistency at the same time. They can fly just as quickly as they can die on offense.

6. USF 5-4 Lets be honest about the state of our program. We have tremendous athletes. But as a team, we do not look impressive. We should be happy with 6-6, and a bowl win vs the Middle Tennessees of the world for now.

7. Tulsa 5-4 Tulsa is also in good position to go bowling now, with Tulane to cap off a tremendous turn around season, lead by a fun to watch offense.

8. East Carolina 4-6 This is the most up and down team all year. After pulling out a squeaker vs Towson, to taking Florida to the wire and beating VT, to being blown away by Navy, to almost upsetting Temple, to getting blown out themselves by UConn, and giving the game to USF.

9. UConn 5-5 Surprise! Yes, I know they beat ECU soundly, but this is the same UConn team that just beat Tulane by a putrid 7-3 score. The lone touchdown? A pick six in the first quarter. QB Bryant Sherriffs the last couple weeks has looked like the hands down worst QB in the league. I would put a big chunk of money on ECU if they played again. (I would hold coach McNeil gunpoint, and make him start Blake Kemp)

10. SMU 1-8 They play Tulane for the official toilet bowl of the AAC west in two weeks. SMU gets the nod for now, considering 1. They have a QB and 2. They keep things competitive.

11. Tulane 2-7 I have said it many times before, and I will say it again. We had no reason to invite this team to the conference, and have nothing holding us back from giving them the boot. They suck in football, basketball, and let me tell you a secret. They always have.

12. UCF 0-10 The Knights must be wondering when the season ends at this point. With games vs ECU and USF left, the chances of picking up a win before the season ends is bleak. Without a coach, the future is bleak. Did I mention their basketball future is bleak too? And to think before the season, they were the darlings of expansion talk. Oh, have the mighty fallen.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,078
  • Days Won:  2

How exactly did ECU give us the game?  Pretty sure we won that one fair and square...lol

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

How exactly did ECU give us the game?  Pretty sure we won that one fair and square...lol

And we tried to give it to them on several occasions.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

we out battled east carolina

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I would swap Temple and Memphis

Both are 8-1 but Memphis has played a tougher SoS

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636

My Opinion

1. Navy

2. Memphis

3. Houston 

4. Temple

5. Cincy

6. USF

7-12. The rest. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

My Opinion

1. Navy

2. Memphis

3. Houston 

4. Temple

5. Cincy

6. USF

7-12. The rest. 

That looks about right 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

I don't know why but I see Temple losing some end of season games.  Just not sold on them and yes I saw the ND game.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I don't know why but I see Temple losing some end of season games.  Just not sold on them and yes I saw the ND game.

I agree. They play such an  aggressive style of defense. I think they will tire some here. However, that does not necessarily mean they will lose. They do have a lot of talent.