• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Navy one of the best road trips in recent memoray

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

I take in a lot of Bulls road trips and I must say this past Saturday in Annapolis was one of the best.  Our fan turnout was pretty strong and I can only hope you were among them.  Those who did attend had a chance to attend some fun pre-game event offerings by the Bulls Club and alumni groups.  Even if you didn't partake in those, proximity to both Baltimore and Washington made for lots of cool side-trip opportunities.  The setting was spectacular and both the Academy campus and Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium were awesome to see.  The pregame parade of Midshipmen and flyover both very impressive and, for a change, the game itself was entertaining.  The late-October weather was as gorgeous as the scenery in Annapolis.  Other than a win, I don't know how this could have been much better.  This is why I love road trips and this was one of my top away-game experiences and memories.   A great time all in all. 

Thank you Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Our Bulls contingent could be heard well on quite a few 3rd down Navy drives during the broadcast. I hope to make some Annapolis roadies in the future.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Totally agree, Silver.  We are going to make this a "must" road trip in future seasons and take advantage of all the things you mentioned, plus the best crabcakes that you can find.  We took full advantage of the free Sunday parking in DC to hit the Smithsonian American History Museum before we flew out.

This is what we saw, except it was a nice, bright and sunny day.  Very impressive.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

That was awesome ..... Really sorry I missed that one.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

It really was a great experience. I have now seen USF play Army at West Point and Navy at  Annapolis. Both were very memorable.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

It really was a great experience. I have now seen USF play Army at West Point and Navy at  Annapolis. Both were very memorable.

I was at the Army game, too, for our first C-USA game (and win).  I can still see LRS holding the tent pole at the pregame deluge.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

My wife & I just got back from DC (arrived Wednesday late afternoon.  I hate losing, but DC was great, and Annapolis was really cool, before & after the game.  My wife has already advised that she wants to come back in 2 years, but this time, stay in Annapolis.

I will say the travel tips were a little off.  We decided late, to ignore the Navy website recommendation to take the shuttle rides a few exits earlier & drove into town to get breakfast & buzz the area.  They have parking just across the street for $20.  $15, a little farther away.  Traffic was well managed (the beauty of small venues/crowds).  Next time, we'll do the same...get in for bfast or lunch (depending on kick off time), then head to the stadium & park in someone's drive for $20.

We had bfast at Chick and Ruth's Delly, on Main Street.  It was excellent.  There were several Bulls fans there, and every one treated us well.  Dinner was at Cantlers, just outside of town (recommended by a friend who grew up there).  Also, some Bulls fans there.  Food was pretty good, but next time, we'll try a place near Main St, or head to the marina.

If you can swing it, I'd highly recommend it as a road trip.  Navy fans are first class, the area is great, and it's impressive to see them run that option scheme (although it was very painful watching it run so well against us...with what seemed like no/few adjustments.  But I digress.

Was also great to finally meet New England Bull...great guy & true fan.  And, the alumni pre-game event was the largest I've ever seen.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

My wife & I just got back from DC (arrived Wednesday late afternoon.  I hate losing, but DC was great, and Annapolis was really cool, before & after the game.  My wife has already advised that she wants to come back in 2 years, but this time, stay in Annapolis.

I will say the travel tips were a little off.  We decided late, to ignore the Navy website recommendation to take the shuttle rides a few exits earlier & drove into town to get breakfast & buzz the area.  They have parking just across the street for $20.  $15, a little farther away.  Traffic was well managed (the beauty of small venues/crowds).  Next time, we'll do the same...get in for bfast or lunch (depending on kick off time), then head to the stadium & park in someone's drive for $20.

We had bfast at Chick and Ruth's Delly, on Main Street.  It was excellent.  There were several Bulls fans there, and every one treated us well.  Dinner was at Cantlers, just outside of town (recommended by a friend who grew up there).  Also, some Bulls fans there.  Food was pretty good, but next time, we'll try a place near Main St, or head to the marina.

If you can swing it, I'd highly recommend it as a road trip.  Navy fans are first class, the area is great, and it's impressive to see them run that option scheme (although it was very painful watching it run so well against us...with what seemed like no/few adjustments.  But I digress.

Was also great to finally meet New England Bull...great guy & true fan.  And, the alumni pre-game event was the largest I've ever seen.

Thanks for the kind words Jupiter, it was great meeting you and your brother. I believe our halftime analysis was dead on and we could see the writing on the wall (although I was hoping to be wrong we when had an early 3rd quarter lead). You are right, other than the wrong team winning it was the perfect road trip. Also sounds like you guys had a great before and after game plain. Hope to see you at a future game...hopefully a bowl game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  0

Agree.   What great game day atmosphere.   Outside of the loss, it was a really enjoyable trip.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Remember they are in the West division, so we won't be going to Annapolis for 4 more years unfortunately.