• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Love how Navy went for the KILL at the end

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I personally promise to give him all the credit next time he takes us to a bowl or beats a team with a winning record. You have my word.

Syracuse was 3-1 when we beat them with their only loss being to LSU, UConn was 3-3 (I know, not wining record, but not a losing one either).

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Syracuse was 3-1 when we beat them with their only loss being to LSU, UConn was 3-3 (I know, not wining record, but not a losing one either).

Kudos to CWT on beating now 3-5 Syracuse. He gets a solid congratulatory pat on the ass and an "atta boy!"

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

HC Nick Niumatalolo never served in the military.

yet he coaches kids at a military academy.  Go figure.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

that was the proper football call

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

I personally promise to give him all the credit next time he takes us to a bowl or beats a team with a winning record. You have my word.

Be ready to give him credit at the end of the season then.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Be ready to give him credit at the end of the season then.

Why wouldn't I? The success and failure of every team is dependent on the head coach. If you don't have the players to compete, its because he can't recruit. If you lack discipline, its because he hasn't instilled it. If your offense sucks, it because he can't coach one or doesn't know how to hire someone who can. The opposite is just as true. If CWT gets us to a bowl game, it's because he has brought in the players, offense, etc. to make us an average team. If he does that, he deserves the chance to make us into a good team and I'll happily give him the credit when he reaches that milestone.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

Why wouldn't I? The success and failure of every team is dependent on the head coach. If you don't have the players to compete, its because he can't recruit. If you lack discipline, its because he hasn't instilled it. If your offense sucks, it because he can't coach one or doesn't know how to hire someone who can. The opposite is just as true. If CWT gets us to a bowl game, it's because he has brought in the players, offense, etc. to make us an average team. If he does that, he deserves the chance to make us into a good team and I'll happily give him the credit when he reaches that milestone.

I just said that because I'm very confident that we will make a bowl game, nothing against what you said.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The success and failure of every team is dependent on the head coach. 

Not true of Auburn in 2010.  $ brought Cam Newton to the Plains and Chizik kept his mouth shut while Cam worked his magic.  

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I hope our team takes note.

There is a saying, "I'd rather have a life defined by oh wells, than what ifs."

In the stands, I knew they'd go go for it.  If they score, game over.  If not, we have to go 99 yards in 90 seconds, with 1 TO (don't get me started on time out calls).

That's called playing to win, not playing to not lose.  They had 400+ yards rushing, so 1 more should be a given...and it was (though they gave it a good shot to stop).

I read later that the Navy HC wanted to kick the FG, but the QB talked him into going for it.  Not sure if true, or legend building, but it was clearly the right call (even if stopped).

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Kudos to CWT on beating now 3-5 Syracuse. He gets a solid congratulatory pat on the ass and an "atta boy!"

Agree...when looking at the body of work, better to see season ending W-L. Cuse is clearly not a winning football season.

Still, impressive win, and one we needed...and it was the first fun to watch USF game in YEARS.