• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCONN 2 Point Fav

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Thanks, I will watch, but Cali - QF is going to need more than one good game to be called a gamer.  I have watched every other game and "baller" is not a word that I would use to describe him.  

I won't argue he started slow... But it seems opening up the playbook made the kid a little more comfortable.  He didn't look panicked... he just looked good.  Mack, Tice, and Johnson... looked good.  TE's played well... except for the two holding calls against Dillon...  the Oline looks like they know what they are doing.  We just may have an offense.  I have to see it for another game... but if the offense plays like this... with the play calling... we can do some things.

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Sorry Cali - Alright.  I watched it. Let me say, that was a great way to watch a game!  However, I wish I would not have.

Ok, here it goes.

QF is a bad QB.  I will explain.

He cannot see over the line.  Every pass, except one, came while he was on the run outside the pocket.

He ran great, sure, but that was never in doubt.

He only had 3 passes that actually traveled more than 5 yards.  His yards all came on pitches and screens, and the flicker (which was awfully close to being busted).

Lots of over throws and bad incompletions, one should have been an easy pick. 

He had ONE great pass from the pocket the whole game.

Our passing did not set up the run.  Please watch the game and show me where our amazing passing opened up holes.  Cuse could not stop the run and we kept coming and they knew it was coming.

QF is a RB, not a baller.

I said I would stay off QF because of then win, but that was before I watched the game.  He is an awful QB and I can’t see how anyone can watch the replay and say otherwise.    

Edited by ArmyBull
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I don't think they come out flat after a big win. 

I'm not feeling them comming out flat for this weekend. Should be a great game.

It's the big win that has me concerned they'll come out flat, thinking they'll run all over the Huskies. We had a great game vs cuse, but that likely won't change UConn's focus to stop our run game first. Need QF's arm even more this week IMO.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

It's the big win that has me concerned they'll come out flat, thinking they'll run all over the Huskies. We had a great game vs cuse, but that likely won't change UConn's focus to stop our run game first. Need QF's arm even more this week IMO.

And the Huskies just demolished two-time defending conference champ and Fiesta Bowl champion UCF. Huskies are bred for endurance, this is merely one more stop on the Iditarod, they won't be caught sleeping.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Sorry Cali - Alright.  I watched it. Let me say, that was a great way to watch a game!  However, I wish I would not have.

Ok, here it goes.

QF is a bad QB.  I will explain.

He cannot see over the line.  Every pass, except one, came while he was on the run outside the pocket.

He ran great, sure, but that was never in doubt.

He only had 3 passes that actually traveled more than 5 yards.  His yards all came on pitches and screens, and the flicker (which was awfully close to being busted).

Lots of over throws and bad incompletions, one should have been an easy pick. 

He had ONE great pass from the pocket the whole game.

Our passing did not set up the run.  Please watch the game and show me where our amazing passing opened up holes.  Cuse could not stop the run and we kept coming and they knew it was coming.

QF is a RB, not a baller.

I said I would stay off QF because of then win, but that was before I watched the game.  He is an awful QB and I can’t see how anyone can watch the replay and say otherwise.    

He did what he was asked to do and did it well. That led to a 21 point victory (could have been more if they actually tried to score on the final drive) over a Syracuse team that, to this point, has looked decent. I don't know what you were expecting to see on the video, but what I saw was a player who showed poise, made the right decision on option reads, wasn't afraid to take a hit to run for the first down, got screen passes out quickly that allowed players to make plays, and had a few downfield passes that went for completions. He certainly met my expectations for this game. Were you really expecting him to come out and look like a pocket passing, pro-style QB? 

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Sagarin and other predictors have this game as a virtual draw.

If we play like we did Saturday, I feel pretty good about it.   We have the tools to get it done but, as has been mentioned, this game will tell us a lot about whether we've turned the corner.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

He did what he was asked to do and did it well. That led to a 21 point victory (could have been more if they actually tried to score on the final drive) over a Syracuse team that, to this point, has looked decent. I don't know what you were expecting to see on the video, but what I saw was a player who showed poise, made the right decision on option reads, wasn't afraid to take a hit to run for the first down, got screen passes out quickly that allowed players to make plays, and had a few downfield passes that went for completions. He certainly met my expectations for this game. Were you really expecting him to come out and look like a pocket passing, pro-style QB? 

I agree, he handed the ball off, threw the bubble screen, and ran the ball.  He did what he was asked to do.  The point of contention is when people say he is a good or average QB.  He simply is not and as long as we win, I don't care..that is a lie, I still care, just more about the score.  Our running game and defense lead to a 21 point victory, Not QFs throwing ability.  I am looking for QF to develop as a passer, yes, but he simply may not be and until we are down by a couple of TDs, and the run game is going nowhere, it wont matter.  I just fear that we may actually be in that situation in future again.  Like we were against, FSU, Maryland, and Memphis.       

• Upvote 1

I don't recall seeing a lot of people on her claiming that he is an exceptional passing QB, but, just the same, there is more to the game than that. He will never be an exceptional passer. What we need him to be is a good game manager, play maker, and someone who can extend plays with his feet and make good decisions on the fly. That is the part of his game that has improved the most this season. To say he is a "bad QB" is unfair in my opinion, in that it discounts everything else that a QB has to do other than just pass the ball from the pocket. He is definitely a bad passer, but he is a good/serviceable QB, at least as far as what this team currently needs/expects from the position. 

Edited by BullyPulpit

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

BullyPulpit,

You missing a "don't" in your first sentence?

BullyPulpit,

You missing a "don't" in your first sentence?

Yes sir. fixed it.