• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why does the TBT...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

report as our attendance the actual butts in seats.  Every other team in America and every other reporter in America uses "announced attendance", which for every single program is significantly higher.

Look, I know our attendance is terrible, pathetic, and bad.  So why does the TBT make it look even worse compared to every single program in the country, which uses announced attendance (which for us is usually in the 30K range).

Every single program in the American Conf. uses and reports announced attendance.  They are all fluffed numbers.  I could provide article after article about how they come up with announced numbers.  This has been well documented all over the country.  Whether programs should fluff numbers is open for debate, but EVERYONE does it.  So why is it that the TBT is the only organization in the country that insists on using our "actual" attendance in their reports.

Enlighten....

I think I found the answer to your question in an article today about SOS retiring written by TBT's JK ....

Spurrier, 70, is retiring from coaching, it was stunningly announced Monday night. He was in the middle of his 11th season at South Carolina.

I had a press-row observation of him as a University of Florida beat writer from 1997-2001.

Slumming with the Bulls is probably eating him up ...

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/gator-legend-steve-spurrier-retires-from-coaching/2249483

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I believe we have a TBT writer that occasionally posts here. Maybe he could provide an explanation. 

He did on Twitter. Actually Joey kind of got defensive about it when a few of us questioned him. He basically said that he does not care what other schools who use NFL stadiums do. As long as TSA announces it he will print it as it is relative to OCS talk and conference realignment.

He did on Twitter. Actually Joey kind of got defensive about it when a few of us questioned him. He basically said that he does not care what other schools who use NFL stadiums do. As long as TSA announces it he will print it as it is relative to OCS talk and conference realignment.

Does the TSA actually announce it or does a call have to be made? ..... And it's NOT relative to OCS talk or conference realignment since 99.9% of the other schools don't release that info. Nice job questioning him about it.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Does the TSA actually announce it or does a call have to be made? ..... And it's NOT relative to OCS talk or conference realignment since 99.9% of the other schools don't release that info. Nice job questioning him about it.

Good question...it appears that TSA announces it without any request but I am not positive.

Good question...it appears that TSA announces it without any request but I am not positive.

Didn't see it on their Twitter account or a place for it on their website. I'm guessing the reporters have to call over there and get it announced to them ..... just a hunch.

only one fix - OCS

Since USF is a public university, it is subject to Sunshine laws... so the only way an OCS will "fix" this is if USF does not actually COUNT butts in seats... but we know that USF will count them, so a public records request would mean TBT would report butts in seats again.

They could make this request of FSU, UF, UCF, FAU, and FIU as well.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

I appreciate Joey's coverage of USF. However he has a tendency to take unnecessary pot shots at the USF program to make it look extra bad. I Don't know why he does it and last year when I questioned him on it (not in a negative way)he got very defensive and has not answered one of my questions since. My feeling is that just may be his writing style or he has an ax to grind against USF not sure . I told him there has been plenty to be critical about with the USF football program but I thought the cheap shots  were unnecessary.

You would think that  it would be to his benefit if the USF program turned around and the school was invited to a power five conference. .Again that doesn't mean he needs to be a homer but he doesn't need to go out of his way to make the program look bad either.

Edited by Massbull

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

Greg Auman craps on Joey.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

That's fine, but maybe he needs to be asked why he literally is the ONLY person in the entire world who reports actual attendance in their reports instead of announced.  Why is that?

And no it is not relative, because it's apples to oranges compared TO EVERY OTHER PROGRAM IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE, who use announced attendance and get announced attendance reported.

Make apples to apples comparisons.  That is all we ask.  Is that so hard to grasp?  If everyone else is using announced, then you used announced.  If everyone else is using actual, then you use actual (but they are not).  What is so hard to understand about this simple concept? 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

That's fine, but maybe he needs to be asked why he literally is the ONLY person in the entire world who reports actual attendance in their reports instead of announced.  Why is that?

And no it is not relative, because it's apples to oranges compared TO EVERY OTHER PROGRAM IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE, who use announced attendance and get announced attendance reported.

Make apples to apples comparisons.  That is all we ask.  Is that so hard to grasp?  If everyone else is using announced, then you used announced.  If everyone else is using actual, then you use actual (but they are not).  What is so hard to understand about this simple concept? 

Joey Knight has poop in his brain. Dont be angry at him. Just be happy youre not Joey Knight.